Bought a new bike was I hoodwinked?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
Mralexrides

Mralexrides

Its the same model but different colour lol.. Not sure why he didn't just take a picture of the bike.. Unless he had some really weird lighting.

RoadRider400

Some bloke that likes cycling alone
It is almost certainly the same bike, the rear tyre is the same brand and model for a start. The bike in the advert has been photographed outside I suspect that shows the blue in the paintwork on the down tube. Try taking a photo outside the next time it is sunny. I bet you the blue shows through.

Reactions: C R

raggydoll

Über Member
Looking at the ebay screenshots from page 2, it does look like the same bike.
The ebay photo just looks like a rubbish photo, grainy etc and maybe the flash makes it look slightly blue but I'd say it is the same bike.

What's wrong with that bike?
Nothing in the pictures show anything other than a perfectly good used bike.
If the "faults" photographed are so bad that the bike is unrideable then I think there's only one person on here who thinks that.
From what has been shown, and assuming it has been gone over with a fine toothcomb, I would be quite happy to ride that.
Looks like a decent bike for the money

OP
OP
Mralexrides

Mralexrides

Which bolt?
You just flip up the little lever to allow the wheel to be inserted.
The leaver wont budge its like its stuck... doesnt matter now though managed to get wheel on letting tyre down. and reinflating and yeah it came disassembled which helped me look at forks. Shame my torque wrench didn't come today which it was estimated to.

OP
OP
Mralexrides

Mralexrides

What's wrong with that bike?
Nothing in the pictures show anything other than a perfectly good used bike.
If the "faults" photographed are so bad that the bike is unrideable then I think there's only one person on here who thinks that.
From what has been shown, and assuming it has been gone over with a fine toothcomb, I would be quite happy to ride that.
Looks like a decent bike for the money

I was just showing pictures of it not saying its unrideable. I'm happy with it

OP
OP
Mralexrides

Mralexrides

cassettes look pretty good and chain measures correctly 8 links well under 8 inches. well oiled no rust. Just superficial scratches in some areas. But you should see my workhorse bike for scratches.

Top Bottom