Bought a new bike was I hoodwinked?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

NickWi

Guru
I look at this as a valuable lessons for all of us for buying sight unseen. Ask, clarify, ask again and then ask for proof.
It's your money you're parting with, be certain of what you're buying before you part with it.

Dr Bryn

I bought my current steed from a private seller a few years ago now. Purchased locally although I did not know the guy. Bike started life in 2007, I believe it was around 2015/16 when I bought her, I was it’s third owner and the price £250. It had been well looked after (a limited edition of carbon and alloy) some good components on her at the time. Guy told me the history of the bike, where he had got it from, how he had used it and anything he had changed on her. He presented receipts from LBS services, invited me to any inspection and I got a test ride. I suppose, looking back, it was the perfect seller and I was lucky as many people buying bikes don’t get this treatment even from shops in some instances.
Bikes still going, I’m currently rebuilding/upgrading her but I still consider I got a really good deal in my case. I think the point is, if possible, view the bike, ask questions, do a bit of research.
Just a point, the guy that sold me the bike had treated himself to a top end Cube and had no space for a second bike. Some you win some you lose.

OP
OP
Mralexrides

Mralexrides

Parcelforce its weird as on ebay it says its not even in guernsey yet looking at website tracking it says its been delivered and signed for. Tried ringing parcelforce and they;re closed no way of emailing them so I complained on royal mail site with all info as Parcelforce is a company of theirs.

vickster

Legendary Member
Lol i was thinking its getting out of hand at this point. I was expecting a handful of replies. I've been wondering if I should invite the buyer into it.
Do you mean the seller?
if it’s gone awol, you should get your money back no hassle 👍

OP
OP
Mralexrides

Mralexrides

He got back to me and a fellow called andy has it lol.. and i gave this tool my address exact when he asked to work out delivery cost. Yet he goes with this gobldigook delivery address thats apparently on my ebay.. even though i get stuff delivered there all the time

Top Bottom