[BOUGHT] Second hand road bike <= £300

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
crazyjoe101

crazyjoe101

The sellers were unwilling to take less than 300 for the Trek but even with the bike being in such excellent condition that's too much. It's over half of what it costed 7 years ago. I'll keep looking as something will come up on Gumtree that's not stolen.

@crazyjoe101 i have 56cm Trek Alpha 1.1 frame set if you fancy bolting one together

I think that frame will be a little large.

@deptfordmarmoset thanks, I'd already rang though :P, didn't like the prospect of squeezing onto a 48.

OP
OP
crazyjoe101

crazyjoe101

No, I'm afraid it is in Birmingham.

@DooDah, if the bike's in good condition then this may not be a problem as I now know that the Trek 54cm frames fit like a glove, if you could get your sister in law to send some information / pictures of the bike then I can decide what I want to do.

OP
OP
crazyjoe101

crazyjoe101

Okay, thanks to DooDah and his sister-in-law Sappho96 I've got a lovely Trek 1500 2005 for the same price as those people wanted for a 1000. It's up and running now and I'm really happy with it. I can't believe how smooth the shifting is! Will post some pics elsewhere, thanks to those who posted.

Okay, thanks to DooDah and his sister-in-law Sappho96 I've got a lovely Trek 1500 2005 for the same price as those people wanted for a 1000. It's up and running now and I'm really happy with it. I can't believe how smooth the shifting is! Will post some pics elsewhere, thanks to those who posted.
Glad you are happy with it. It would be good to see some pics as I believe I have only seen a brief glimpse, different countries and all that:thumbsup:

Top Bottom