Bought Wahoo Bolt - Small Issue

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Lauris

I bought the wahoo bolt went for a ride with all sensors and everything seems to work right.
Got home realised that the micro USB rubber thing won't shut properly. It is not a worry in dry weather but if I am caught in the rain this could damage the unit.
I have submitted a ticket to wahoo... so just waiting for their response.
Anybody had this issue?

Also, this might sound silly but is it ok to keep the speed and cadence sensor outdoors on the bike(bike kept in a hut). I was once told that it is not good because of the moisture. Don't how much of this is true.

I attached a photo.

Attachments

• 20200226_164759.jpg
    20200226_164759.jpg
    63.7 KB · Views: 8
Last edited:

13 rider

Guru
It's it brand new the rubber can be a bit tight of a fit . Have you tried just juggling it to make it click Iin . My original bolt rubber became badly fitting after a year so I just used electrical tape . This unit was replaced for another issue and new unit has been fine . I found Wahoo customer service excellent if it's a faulty unit I am sure they will replace it foc
Edit there is knack to getting it shut properly try to see if you can line up the rubber bobble with th usb port

OP
OP
L

Lauris

It's it brand new the rubber can be a bit tight of a fit . Have you tried just juggling it to make it click Iin . My original bolt rubber became badly fitting after a year so I just used electrical tape . This unit was replaced for another issue and new unit has been fine . I found Wahoo customer service excellent if it's a faulty unit I am sure they will replace it foc
Edit there is knack to getting it shut properly try to see if you can line up the rubber bobble with th usb port

Ye its brand new bought it today. I tried aligning it every possible way but at the end bit won't cover fully as shown in the photo.

steveindenmark

Legendary Member
Mine shuts sometimes and not others. It is a bit fiddly but the rain has never got in. Another fault is the rubber buttons on the side buttons come adrift. Again the rain does not appear to get in.

figbat

Slippery scientist
This exact issue was discussed on the previous cycling forum I frequented. It seems there are some that simply don’t close properly. Mine goes flush easily and has done for the couple of years I have had it.

Milzy

Guru
Some times mine doesn't want to close easily but it always closed in the end. Best bang for buck head unit out there still.

The knack in getting mine to fit fully flush is to push in the end farthest away from the hinge first, then work it back towards the hinge. My bike is outside and the only issue with the sensors is that the batteries don't last as long due to the cold.

OP
OP
L

Lauris

So they got back to me and was told to send it back. Which I did today.

Although I only had the unit for 2 days, I did like it. Seems to have very little delay transferring data from sensors to the unit.
Also tested navigations, although rerouting would be nice I was not willing to spend £160 extra on roam just for that feature.
Also the battery well I went for about 1h30mins ride came back it had 85% left but I did use backlight for half of the ride and also navigations for half of the ride.

I would say also the buttons could be positioned higher up, but that's just my preference. As well as easier to press in.

But the best thing is setting it up on my phone.
I was at Halfords once and they Garmin 520 on display and it was painful doing things on the unit.

figbat

Slippery scientist
I am a massive fan. I use it predominantly for ride tracking, more off-road than on and connect a HRM and cadence sensor to it. I have used it for navigation though, for example to follow a sportive route or similar, whether via a supplied GPX file or through plotting it myself (I usually use Strava for this). I have mounts on three bikes (stem mount on the MTB and out-front on the gravel and road bikes). The longest ride I have done is just over 8 hours and it lasted easily. It just works.

Top Bottom