Box Hill and G4S

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Fnaar

Smutmaster General
Only 20 G4S peeps turn up out of an expected 300!! Get on your bikes and ride up and down it, Surrey folk !

-----------------------------------
Sent mobile phone stylee

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Volunteer - you might get a good spot to watch the race !

martint235

Dog on a bike
I'm still amazed at all the fuss. Come on, was it really a surprise? This is a company that was famous for losing prisoners (how difficult is it to lock someone in a van, drive said van to anohter location, get person out of van). So the board sat down and thought "We, Group 4 Securicor, are known for being sh**e at our core business which is security. What we need to do is rebrand to distance ourselves from the embarrassments of the past. What's a good name that says Security but doesn't relate to Group 4 Securicor? I know let's call ourselves G4S. No one will ever associate us with the previous debacle!"

Archie_tect

De Skieven Architek... aka Penfold + Horace
I always thought all the Citroen C1 cars you see flitting around Newcastle with the red and black G4S logo on the tailgate were gasmen, reading meters... why do they need so many lightweight 2 door cars?

DRHysted

Guru
I always thought all the Citroen C1 cars you see flitting around Newcastle with the red and black G4S logo on the tailgate were gasmen, reading meters... why do they need so many lightweight 2 door cars?
They are.
What group 4 did to try to rectify (make us dumb folk forget) their mistakes was start buying other companies, one of the compainies bought was securicor (hence G4S), they must have some intelligent folk working in their PR offices.
Now security as a whole operates gennerally without enough staff to cover all eventualities, so when the olympics committee asked for an extra 8000 staff last December it was obvious that they wouldn't manage it.
Most security companies (mine was one of them) said outright that they wouldn't even tender for any olympics work, due to the potential problems.
As for volunteering, unless you have an SIA license (issued by a government agency) you can not legally do any security work.

Top Bottom