Boxing day meal.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
gavroche

gavroche

Getting old but not past it
Bubble and squeek here in a short while..no beef..gammon with ours

garlic with roast beef? Ffs i really dont get that..horse radish not garlic
Let me explain: put some holes with a knife into the beef and then fill them with garlic. Then seal the beef in a frying pan and put into the oven. Serve with in a Madeira sauce Beautiful!! :okay:

vickster

Legendary Member
Let me explain: put some holes with a knife into the beef and then fill them with garlic. Then seal the beef in a frying pan and put into the oven. Serve with in a Madeira sauce Beautiful!! :okay:
xx(

But your family might like it next year ;)

jayonabike

Powered by caffeine & whisky
I made a pie. Left over turkey and ham pie with leeks, pancetta, cream and turkey stock. Served with cauliflower cheese, roast spuds and Brussels fried in butter.

image.jpeg

Dec66

A gentlemanly pootler, these days
Leftovers from yesterday, with the addition of mash and a range of pickles and chutneys.

Marvellous.

Virtually all the turkey has now gone, but still lots of yummy gammon left for sarnies.

Dec66

A gentlemanly pootler, these days
Why do the English, at least members of my wife's family, always overcook roast beef and don't put garlic in it? Every time they cook beef, I have to put up with it being cremated, completely tasteless and so chewy! :angry:
I think I will offer to cook it next time .;)
Did God put garlic in beef?

I was watching James Martin on the telly today (I know he's a nobber but he cooks some great stuff) and he did a pie-like thingy that he called a beef pithivier. Given that it has the word pie within the letters I decided to give my own (slightly improvised) version a go. And damned good it was. Here's his version:
http://www.bbc.co.uk/food/recipes/beef_pithivier_74073

Mine was better. The fact it was made by a Scotsman rather than a Yorkshire nobber would have seen to that anyway, but my creative flair also contributed. ;)

TVC

Mine was better. The fact it was made by a Scotsman rather than a Yorkshire nobber would have seen to that anyway, but my creative flair also contributed. ;)
He bangs on about being a Yorkshireman but these days he spends most of his time in the home counties with his poncy mates, pink pringle draped over his shoulder.
As usual, when a Yorkshireman gets a bit of money he can't wait to get out of the place.

I bet your pie was better because it was made with integrity.

TheDoctor

Europe Endless
*wades in*
Roast beef needs to be rare, to have Yorkshire puddings, to have roast potatoes, and to be rubbed with salt, pepper and garlic before it goes into a stupid hot oven. Steak has garlic, so why not decent beef?
You may differ. That's fine, but bear in mind that you're wrong.
And yes, I have the wreckage of a rolled rib of beef downstairs. And many empty claret bottles too.
*falls over*

Top Bottom