Boxing with spoilers

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Drago

Legendary Member
Bothnin the same weight division. If one didn't feel he was up to the job he didn't have to accept the fat pay cheque.

AndyRM

XOXO
Whenever I watch boxing (not often) I prefer the wee guys, who actually look up for a pagger. The bigger ones just seem to wait for one guy to get knackered, having spent most of the time avoiding each other, which I suppose is a skill in itself but when the whole thing is marketed on gladiatorial style batterings I'd be feeling short changed pretty regularly I reckon.

Drago

Legendary Member
I like the big guys taking lumps out of each other. Its a game of physics, and they bring more Newtonian theory to the sport than the woos-weight divs.

OP
OP
Beebo

Beebo

Firm and Fruity
Whenever I watch boxing (not often) I prefer the wee guys, who actually look up for a pagger. The bigger ones just seem to wait for one guy to get knackered, having spent most of the time avoiding each other, which I suppose is a skill in itself but when the whole thing is marketed on gladiatorial style batterings I'd be feeling short changed pretty regularly I reckon.
Lighter weight divisions do generally produce a better punch up because the punches are less damaging so they can take more risks. Plus the fighters are far more nimble.
The danger at heavyweight is that even a great boxer can be knocked out by a lucky shot because the punches have much more power behind them. So avoidance is critical.

AndyRM

XOXO
Lighter weight divisions do generally produce a better punch up because the punches are less damaging so they can take more risks. Plus the fighters are far more nimble.
The danger at heavyweight is that even a great boxer can be knocked out by a lucky shot because the punches have much more power behind them. So avoidance is critical.

That makes a lot of sense, hadn't really thought of it that way, appreciate the explanation.

Stephenite

Membå
Anyone catch the Fury v Wilder fight last night/this morning?

Just read the report now. What a comeback!

OP
OP
Beebo

Beebo

Firm and Fruity
Anyone catch the Fury v Wilder fight last night/this morning?

Just read the report now. What a comeback!
I have listened to the 5live coverage and podcast.

A draw seems about right seeing as fury was down twice. But the score cards of one judge seem very odd.

What ever happens it was a great come back, and some redeption for fury after some previous scandal and troubles.

Levo-Lon

Guru
Fury said there were 10000 travellers at the fight?
How'd they get the caravans on a plane???

From the news despite the knock downs he boxed far better,but he is a boxer and not so much a one hit wonder.
Fair play to Tyson he has my respect for getting out of that dark place.

Stephenite

Membå
Fury said there were 10000 travellers at the fight?
How'd they get the caravans on a plane???

From the news despite the knock downs he boxed far better,but he is a boxer and not so much a one hit wonder.
Fair play to Tyson he has my respect for getting out of that dark place.
I watched the fight highlights and the post-fight interviews on u tube. Tyson is a star. I hope he doesn't return to that dark place.

Top Bottom