Boy's new bike...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

BentMikey

Rider of Seolferwulf
My boy's new Luath 26 road bike arrived by courier today. We put the bike together, and went for a ride in the local park. We must have spent an hour there together, I now have a very very happy 8 y/o back home with me. Chuffed!

I think some longer rides in the lanes these holidays, trips for lunch in a pub garden somewhere, or icecreams!

gaz

Cycle Camera TV
Awesome, i'm sure he will be whizzing by you soon :tongue:

NormanD

Lunatic Asylum Escapee
You'll have to carry a larger wallet now mate :whistle:

Glad the other bike arrived, so that's one happy family now ...ok dad time to give the kids some tips on how to save their pocket money to buy dad some Icecream  :cold: Hope you all have a fun time

Norm

arallsopp

Post of The Year 2009 winner
Is the Spinning Wheel at Westerham in range? That has great kiddie facilities, and is reasonably accessible from the lanes. Failing that, something in cudham or the white bear out to be a good un.

Hurrah! CrinklyCub the elder will be very jealous. He's very much in love with that bike, but his legs aren't long enough yet! Hope the mini has many happy miles on it :smile:

ChrisKH

Guru
I was about to say the 26 is a bit big for an eight year old, but then I realised this was Mikey's offspring. :biggrin:

I find the trips to the Pub with a garden works well. Enjoy!

OP
OP
B

BentMikey

Rider of Seolferwulf
He doesn't get his height from me, LOL! He's the size of an average 11y/o, and I'm half wondering whether the 700 might not have been better, though a squeeze.

martint235

Dog on a bike
Is the Spinning Wheel at Westerham in range? That has great kiddie facilities, and is reasonably accessible from the lanes. Failing that, something in cudham or the white bear out to be a good un.

I meant to mention this and forgot. Spinning Wheel has been shut for a few weeks now with a sign outside saying "Closed until further notice"

There always the one at the bottom of Leaves Green (is it the Crown? Looks nice)

OP
OP
B

BentMikey

Rider of Seolferwulf
The Spinning Wheel would be good. I think our first trip might be to the Old Jail on Jail Lane on Friday. A nice short one, and it has a super garden to play in. I don't see myself wanting to ride up the leaves green hill towing a trailer and 2 y/o, LOL!

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
Now that I am soon to be starting a 4 day week in August. Friday's are my day off with Peanut. So Mikey, if you fancy some (pub & child) company.. would be more then happy to join you. (Have to get that bleedin' trailer)

Top Bottom