brackets to attach dynamo lights to rear pannier and front basket

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

jb9044

Hi all. I purchased some dynamo lights from Reelight but am struggling to attach them to my new boardman hybrid bike. They are designed to attach to a bracket using two screws. I have a rear pannier from halfords (https://www.halfords.com/cycling/bi...nnier-racks/halfords-pannier-rack-184446.html) which, very annoyingly, doesn't have a light plate (even though, on the 2nd photo on their website, the photo shows it with a plate that looks like exactly what I need). It seems like a very simple bit of kit that I need, but I can't find the right thing anywhere. Can anyone help me? (Obviously I could just buy a replacement pannier rack with a light plate built in, but that seems awfully wasteful....)

To attach the light to the front basket (

View: https://www.amazon.co.uk/Wald-137-Standard-Medium-Handlebar-Basket/dp/B0012C7JO0?th=1
) , I need a bracket such as this one: https://www.reelight.com/products/nova-brackets-for-basket-luggage-carrier-lights. However with postage, that would cost me £21 which is rather expensive- does anyone know where I might find something similar from a UK shop? Or have any other tips for attaching a screw-on light to a basket? Failing that, I'd be happy to attach to the handlebars etc. , if anyone knows of a suitable bracket.

Any advice would be amazing - thank you ! I feel like there must be some shop that has all these kinds of things, but I can't find one online.

Best, Julian.

Those lights look amazing - battery free - no charging and no friction
awesome

which specific light have you got? I have looked at a couple but they mounted differently.

Milkfloat

An Peanut
I would suggest the easiest would just be some plastic p clips around the racks thin tube / the basket wire and screw the lights directly into them.

You can buy the rear bracket that you bolt onto the hole in your rear rack top plate.

Do the lamps come with mounting bolts extending out the back?

OP
OP
J

jb9044

Those lights look amazing - battery free - no charging and no friction
awesome

which specific light have you got? I have looked at a couple but they mounted differently.
Thanks for the reply. They are the 720 read pannier and front basket fitting. Image attached. The width of the bolts can be moved between approx 6 and 10cm apart.

Attachments

• IMG_20220210_093004.jpg
    IMG_20220210_093004.jpg
    107.4 KB · Views: 9
OP
OP
J

jb9044

You can buy the rear bracket that you bolt onto the hole in your rear rack top plate.

Do the lamps come with mounting bolts extending out the back?
Yes - that is exactly what I want - but I'm a newbie and can't find a bracket to bolt onto the hole. I don't know what it's called so an probably going the wrong search terms. If you happen to know where I can pick one up, that would be very helpful!

freiston

Veteran
Many years ago I had a Blackburn rear rack that had a couple of small holes to the rear of the "top plate" like that Halfords rack. I used a small metal T shaped bracket (not dissimilar to meccano but thicker and fewer holes), bent to an angle to take the rear light. If the holes aren't the right spacing, you might be able to drill a new hole or file a hole into a slot. I used small allen bolts and locknuts with nylon inserts ("nylocks") to attach the bracket to the rack.

Top Bottom