Brad to support Froome for the 2013 tour

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Maybe the point is he is a member of a team, and as such would be there to support the team's ambitions, which dont need to be his own solely.
True mate, though he would be supporting someone who, in his own words, was not a team player and attacking him in the 2012 tour. He said he was more afraid of Froome attacking him than he was Cadel or Nibali!! Says lots.........

Hows the snow your way?? My weekends ride is buggered again. Even CX. It's too deep. Turbo, yet again.

@Pedro we had another 12 inches today on top of the two or three still lying from last week, though the roads had been well cleared, today was spent on the skinny skis in the woods instead, so not so bad. Had a couple good rides this week too. Hopeful for the weekend, a thaw is due.

@Pedro we had another 12 inches today on top of the two or three still lying from last week, though the roads had been well cleared, today was spent on the skinny skis in the woods instead, so not so bad. Had a couple good rides this week too. Hopeful for the weekend, a thaw is due.
I have already planned out the two turbo trainer sessions. I am not so optimistic. ha.

thom

____
What the grauniad think are the schedules for Brad and Chris :

Bradley Wiggins
11-16 Feb Tour of Oman
18-24 March Tour of Catalonia
16-19 April Tour of Trentino
21 April Liège-Bastogne-Liège
4-26 May Giro d'Italia
13-16 June (Possibly) Route du Sud
29 June-21 July Tour de France

Chris Froome
11-16 Feb Tour of Oman
6-12 March Tirreno-Adriatico
23-24 March Critérium International
21 April Liège-Bastogne-Liège
23-28 April Tour of Romandie
22-26 May (Possibly) Bayern-Rundfahrt
2-9 June Critérium de Dauphiné
29 June-21 July Tour de France​

Hotblack Desiato

With a fair bit of racing in between, is it necessary for team Sky to declare their TdF main contender now? Would it be poor tactics to leave the question unanswered until nearer the event? Quite a happy position psychologically if you have 2 viable contenders for the win provided the boss can handle it!

He said he was more afraid of Froome attacking him than he was Cadel or Nibali!! Says lots.........

Although if the attack was outside the team he would have team support as indeed he did; if from inside the team, what then? Potentially bad for the whole team, I'd suggest.

400bhp

Guru
With a fair bit of racing in between, is it necessary for team Sky to declare their TdF main contender now? Would it be poor tactics to leave the question unanswered until nearer the event? Quite a happy position psychologically if you have 2 viable contenders for the win provided the boss can handle it!

Although if the attack was outside the team he would have team support as indeed he did; if from inside the team, what then? Potentially bad for the whole team, I'd suggest.

It's not necessary, no. But it seems that Sky are that well organised, that they plan the detail to the nth degree - which I understand will mean all the races between now and then will be chosen specifically with an ultimate goal in mind.

Top Bottom