Bradders goes home.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

garrilla

Was sad to see that Bradders had dropped out of the ToB even though its for a very good reason - he wants to challenge Cancellara at the World TT next week.

What made me smile was that after he finished the stage, having set up Sutton for the sprint, he put on some training gear and rode the 25miles home to Chorley. No prententions for Bradders, quality.

gaz

Cycle Camera TV
i love this guy, he is a fantastic cyclist and has a great work rate.. as you said it was a shame to see him drop out, and i now won't get to see him for the second time cycling in london. but it was all for good reasons.

rich p

ridiculous old lush
There was an article at the weekend (Staurday Guardian?) where he said that he didn't want to do the race and didn't really like it anyway. The only thing in it's favour was better hotels than in the TdF!

rich p

ridiculous old lush
Here's the link the article

http://www.guardian.co.uk/sport/2009/sep/11/bradley-wiggins-tour-britain

"The Tour of Britain is a little bit in the way, to be honest," he said on the eve of the eight-day race, which visits the Scottish borders and Devon before finishing in central London next Saturday. "I've never been a great fan. It's nice to ride in Britain and stay in British hotels, but …"

The shrug that followed as his sentence trailed off might not augur well for Wiggins's prospects of completing all eight stages, had he not added that he is hugely appreciative of home support.

Top Bottom