Bradford-Halifax Tunnel Cycleway Campaign

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

classic33

Leg End Member

NorthernDave

Never used Über Member
Another update, related to the flooding issue above:

Bradford Telegraph and Argus: Queensbury Tunnel campaigners concerned over potential stream pollution.
https://www.thetelegraphandargus.co...rs-concerned-over-potential-stream-pollution/

classic33

Leg End Member
Clear the drains on the Queensbury end and the water should follow the route that was put in place when the tunnel was built.

The drain, as it is at present, running through the tunnel was put in place at a later date.

classic33

Leg End Member
There are a few downsides to this.
1. The school near the entrance on the Halifax side.
2. Planned relocation of the main council recycling site. Off the approach road to the tunnel. As long as the planned reopening is on the cards, the recycling centre can't be relocated. Current site is up for sale.
3. You have to, at some point, either travel or cross the A629. Not a quiet road at any time of day.

I commute on the A629 twice a day and it's not to bad apart from the climb up the dual carriageway from Shroggs Road as I always seem to get close passes on that section which I'm pretty sure are punishment passes as dual carriageway means Motorway obviously :rolleyes: plus a 40mph limit means 50-60mph for some reason yet the section down from the Orange Street roundabout and everyone sticks to the limit and gives me plenty of room ?

Paul

classic33

Leg End Member
Pity that Councillor Scullion, Calderdae, says one thing at council meetings and another in the press.

Top Bottom