Brake and gear cables look short

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
Andywinds

Andywinds

Blow it clean with compressed air - might be worthwhile using a bit of old wire cable to poke down from top so you can see the exact routing. Does it not have any kind of plastic sleeving in there to guide it - or did you remove it. It all sounds as though you'd have been better off taking it to your LBS to do this job for you with all the problems u r havin. lol
It was full of dirt. There was a plastic sleeve but it seems to stay inside the frame and does not come out. It's all done now I just need to test ride and then tape up. One thing I noticed was that one of the out cables is a little short but it should be OK. The point of all this was because the brake outer cables was too short. Ah well if I ever do this again I will know!

lpretro1

Well done anyway!

OP
OP
Andywinds

Andywinds

Thanks all, I think I went into this thinking this was very straight forward, and it probably should be!

migrantwing

Veteran
Thanks all, I think I went into this thinking this was very straight forward, and it probably should be!

It's that straightforward that it's not. LOL! Overthinking and measuring too many times, turning the bars, cables not sitting where you want them to sit, the bends don't look right etc etc. We've all been there :smile:

OP
OP
Andywinds

Andywinds

It's that straightforward that it's not. LOL! Overthinking and measuring too many times, turning the bars, cables not sitting where you want them to sit, the bends don't look right etc etc. We've all been there :smile:
You should have seen me wrapping the bars, my wife had to help!

OP
OP
Andywinds

Andywinds

One thing I have noticed is that the bar tape on both sides goes the same way, looks a bit odd! Don't think I want to risk doing that again.

OP
OP
Andywinds

Andywinds

they should be mirror image.
Yes I can see why. I think I came off the figure of 8 wrong. I'll try and fix.

Attachments

• DSC_0015.JPG
    DSC_0015.JPG
    115.2 KB · Views: 50
Top Bottom