Brake blocks

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

raleighnut

Legendary Member
Perhaps a silly question.
Is there any difference between blocks designed for use with V brakes or Cantilever brakes.
Canti's often use 'post mount' pads whilst V-brake are generally bolted on.

1594273774921.png

OP
OP
taximan

taximan

senex crepitu iuvenis cordi esse
Thanks for your response folks. The brakes on my bike are the bolt on type as found on most hybrids, The reason I asked the question in the first place is because the blocks fitted to this bike are a little shorter than those I have been using on my other bikes and I was wondering if there is a reason for this which is not yet apparent to me.

rogerzilla

Legendary Member
Not really. V-brake pads come in a few different lengths, some more suited to 26" wheels due to their curvature.

Reactions: C R

raleighnut

Legendary Member
Thanks for your response folks. The brakes on my bike are the bolt on type as found on most hybrids, The reason I asked the question in the first place is because the blocks fitted to this bike are a little shorter than those I have been using on my other bikes and I was wondering if there is a reason for this which is not yet apparent to me.
If you look carefully at the picture I posted you'll see there a 2 types for V-brakes, a shorter set with central bolt and a longer set with 'offset' bolt.

Top Bottom