Brake Disk/QR issue. Interesting Read

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Steve Austin

The Marmalade Kid
Mr Pig this is very very very old news. and wrong too

Steve Austin

The Marmalade Kid
A long long time ago. some unlucky soul fell off their bike and decided that rather than it being chance they would try to find someone responsible for their bad luck. They then whipped up a storm about the inherent DANGER of disc brakes basing their accusations on little more than poorly thought out science and wild theories.
After a short while some folk bought into their cheese headed ideas and thus we have a stoopid theory that has no basis in real fact.

Its been discussed and dismissed.

The last entry on that site is over four years ago, and i'm surprised its still active.

OP
OP
Mr Pig

Mr Pig

I did wonder why drop-outs and QR's were still the same years later if manufactures had become aware of this problem. With so many disk brakes now in use, on everything from cheap kids bikes to top-end kit, I would have thought that if it were a real problem it would've forced a redesign by now. Although reading the page the maths did seem quite reasonable to me.

Thank you again for the clarification. Although, being a worrier, I'll probably end up checking my QR's more often than I used to anyway! ;0)

Top Bottom