Brake lever recommendations please

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

turbo tim

Putting my Shorter fixie project together, Retro classic steel jobbie.
Need a front brake, but not sure I like the look of conventional drop bar brake lever, sort of spoils the lines somewhat. So I'm thinking of a lever mounted on the top of the bars adjacent to the stem.
Anyone able to make a recommendation of which make and where from. Happy to splash out for the right lever.
Or talk me out of it and I'll fit some DiaCompe levers I've got iin the shed.
Ta.

bianco

Dia compes are the way to go.

I bought one from cyclestore.co.uk that have adjustable leverage so they can be used with cantis or v-brakes. Only problem was they took ages to deliver.

Although a little expensive I really wanted the gold finger, it really looks the part.

Just make sure you don't get one that has pull for v-brakes, even a lot of the bmx levers shown on ebay are for v-brakes. They wont work well.

Good luck

peejay78

i'm using a diatech gooldfinger, it could be what you're looking for. nice and discrete. you can see it in this picture...

1319778766_16dda81477_b.jpg

OP
OP
T

turbo tim

As someone else on another forum pointed out, brake hoods are very handily placed for when you are climbing, out of the saddle stylee.

harman_mogul

Standard Tektro drop brake lever said to be very good -- fitted by Pearsons to their Touche fixed bikes. If you want to pay more for the same thing with a prestige brand go for Cane Creek. Or alternatively Shimano R600.

peejay78

those cane creek levers look cheap.

the bar extenders make it look like a reindeer.

peejay78 said:
those cane creek levers look cheap.

the bar extenders make it look like a reindeer.

the cc 200tt's are £29.99 for the set so not that cheap.

and the barends look like reindeer? ok if thats what you see thats what you see. but it rides f**king grate so if some one thinks it looks like a reindeer thats up to them

Top Bottom