Brake levers for Campy Deltas

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

chriscross1966

Über Member
Hi folks... what levers do I need to work with a set of Deltas?... Am I just limited to Corsa Records and Croce D'Aunes of the same vintage or are there any other long-pull aero/ergo levers?.... I was hoping to use Avanti's but I'm expecting they won't have enough pull, ditto the set of old Triomphes I have lying around (and the Veloce 9's that are in a box somewhere).... Would it be possible to build a variable pull leverage multiplier in the manner of the JTEK shiftmates, just for brakes?

OP
OP
chriscross1966

chriscross1966

Über Member
Ah... .found a thing called a Travel Agent that looks like it fits the bill....

OP
OP
chriscross1966

chriscross1966

Über Member
Deltas need to be set up with a lot of save to the rim apparently, and the original Powergrade levers had a long travel option. Unfortunately that era Campy kit (8-speed) has a weird cult following and a decent set of white-hood Croce D'Aune levers will go for over a hundred quid

TheDoctor

Europe Endless
If you're looking for lots of cable pull then maybe V-brake levers would work?
I know that'll probably make the brake performance worse, but it's hard to see how it could be *that* much worse!

OP
OP
chriscross1966

chriscross1966

Über Member
If you're looking for lots of cable pull then maybe V-brake levers would work?
I know that'll probably make the brake performance worse, but it's hard to see how it could be *that* much worse!

Have to be drops, have to be Campagnolo. I've acquired a set of Travel Agents and have realised they will help solve other problems too with regard to cable routing. Now all that is left is to check that the DNP freewheel fits the old Campy high-flange hubs well enough to use and get the LBS to put them in a pair of shiny rims... We'll have to cold set the frame and forks, I'll have to make custom drop-blocks for the Deltas, and once that is done its get the handlebar stem sorted with some bosses for the shifters (Super Record) and paint the thing Celeste....

Top Bottom