Brake pads, finding

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Gwylan

Veteran
It's come to the point of needing some replacement pads for Hercules II. That's my affectionate name for my Cowboy 3 ebike.
Ours is a volatile relationship. The next challenge is making up for what I called it when the battery died some miles from home. And the rain came over the horizon.

I digress....

1500 Kms on the clock. I expect to replace the brake pads soon (ish).
The pads are listed as Tektro F10 XS. At £19 for a pair. That is a whole zoo of giraffes.
All I seem to be able to find are replacement, equivalent to and so on.

Is there an equivalent list out there, or a supplier who might do a reasonable job of supplying quality replacements?

It's not urgent but before we slope off for the Summer I want to have the spares in the bike box ready.

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
I usually get my brake pads from Disco Brakes. It would be worth checking there to see if they have a good deal on compatible pads.

T4tomo

Legendary Member
and how does one choose a compound? Gravel bike also used for a bit of winter road riding and very light touring

1682065787306.png

I've also found gorillabrakes.com which were better at proving info as to which of their OEM fitted what brake model.

T4tomo

Legendary Member
Thanks for disco brakes. Just ordered some semi metallic pads

so what made you choose semi metallic over say ceramic pro etc?

Ming the Merciless

There is no mercy
so what made you choose semi metallic over say ceramic pro etc?

I want something effective in wet and dry conditions on the road for a recumbent. I haven’t seen high heat build up during braking. If I was going to the alps with the bike I might consider ceramic, but in the uk I don’t drag the brakes for long enough for heat build up to be an issue. If I mostly rode in the dry I’d likely have opted for Kevlar.

Last edited:
Top Bottom