Brake upgrade?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

DRM

Guru
Interesting, just watch a video where they said mineral oil goes off as it attracts water from the air? Thought it sounded off as doesn’t oil and water not mix?
DOT Brake fluid does absorb water from the atmosphere, as it’s hygroscopic, that’s why most car manufacturers recommend changing your fluid every 2 years, mineral oil won’t do that,

OP
OP
Willam

Willam

Bleed involves getting air out of entire system from calliper, the hose, to lever. It’s no good getting air out of one part of the system if there are pockets of air elsewhere.
Watching too many videos then as the one I watched said both ways were correct depending on if doing a full change or just wanting air out of the system.

Guess they got mixed up between the two as they held a bottle of shamino oil up when they said it.

Ming the Merciless

There is no mercy
Watching too many videos then as the one I watched said both ways were correct depending on if doing a full change or just wanting air out of the system.

Guess they got mixed up between the two as they held a bottle of shamino oil up when they said it.

The air could be anyway from lever to hose to calliper. Any bleeding needs to ensure it’s eliminated from all those locations. You can’t tackle them separately and expect success.

Reactions: C R
Top Bottom