Brakes rubbing the rim

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

yerteasoot

The front brakes on my daughters bike keep rubbing against the rim, its v brakes. Ive tried adjusting the screws but its still happening, ill admit Im a complete novice when it comes to bikes, I know how to ride a bike and thats about it. Any help is much appreciated

T4tomo

Legendary Member
If its just catching once per revolution, then it it could be the wheel isn't quite in straight, which is easily fixed, ir the wheel could be buckled.

T4tomo

Legendary Member
Or if the brake blocks are generally too near the rim all the time then you need to slacken the cable, there should be an adjuster where the cable comes out of the lever, if if that's already slackened undo the bolt holding the cable near the brake and let it out a bit and re tighten.

Another possibility is that the pivots are full of crud and do not allow the caliper to move properly. Try a good clean of the brake mechanism, being careful not to get anything on the blocks.

wisdom

Guru
Pop a picture up and we can see what type of brakes they are there are some screws that will balance the arms if adjusted

OP
OP
Y

yerteasoot

Ok thanks for the replies ill pop a picture up. To be fair they have pretty much been like that since I bought the bike from Decathlon, problem is they shut our local one down and the nearest one is miles away so I couldnt be bothered taking it back.

Top Bottom