Brakes

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

CharleyFarley

After all these years I discovered something wonderful. I have two levers on my handlebar that, if I squeeze them against the handlebar, will slow the wheels right down and even stop them from turning. It's going to be a lot better than using my boots to stop the bike. I've worn out six pairs of boots this year.

OP
OP
CharleyFarley

CharleyFarley

After all these years I discovered something wonderful. I have two levers on my handlebar that, if I squeeze them against the handlebar, will slow the wheels right down and even stop them from turning. It's going to be a lot better than using my boots to stop the bike. I've worn out six pairs of boots this year.

That's wonderful, Up Yours. I might do the same.

fritz katzenjammer

Der Ubergrosserbudgie
Definitely a loose connection between the seat and the handlebars there…

I carry a stout bungee cord with an over sized hook on it. Just cast it overboard and sooner or later it will hook on something and bring you to a stop.

this is quite effective unless you happen to hook a small animal or child, then you such continue down the road like normal.

the only real drawback is its tendency to back you up about twenty feet once you stop.

Drago

Legendary Member
I pay my butler tompush a peasant in front of my bike and thus impede my progress as required.

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
1704901936249.png

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
They were still using stick brakes in Lancashire in 2011...

I was coming through Padiham (near Burnley) with several others on one of my forum rides when I saw a sudden movement on the nearside pavement ahead. A young yob threw a tree branch javelin-style at the front wheel of the rider ahead of me. Fortunately, his aim was as poor as his attitude!! :eek:

• Wow
Reactions: C R
Top Bottom