England : North Yorkshire Brass Monkeys - York - Saturday 14th December 2019

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

colly

Re member eR
Well it's been p***ing down all day here and it's c o l d. If it's raining like this on Saturday.............................:stop:

The forecast looks not to bad though. So I'm up for it still, unless rain pushes in.

OP
OP
Slioch

Slioch

Guru
The forecast looks not to bad though. So I'm up for it still, unless rain pushes in.

That's good with me. See you at 9am unless the rain gods decide otherwise.

Buck

Guru
Well it's been p***ing down all day here and it's c o l d. If it's raining like this on Saturday.............................:stop:

same here. Unless it’s heavy snow here stopping me getting out or the weather turns for the worst. I’m working until late evening tomorrow so have everything ready to put in the car tomorrow night and then a final call Saturday AM.

OP
OP
Slioch

Slioch

Guru
I'm assuming you'll be coming in from Knaresborough, so I'll watch out for that one on the arrivals board and we'll wait if it's delayed. If it's canx' & you have to get the next one, we'll just grab a coffee or something and wait. I think it's 45mins later. Might even grab a bacon butty just to keep the fat levels up :okay:.

Buck

Guru
@Slioch thanks for organising today’s ride. Nice route - just a shame we had to endure the wind, rain and hail! :ohmy:

Good to meet-up with the other brass monkey riders.

Must admit the ride / weather took it out of me today and am now sitting on the settee feeling rather jaded But glad I did the ride.

colly

Re member eR
Thanks @Slioch. You didn't lay on the weather but it was a great route. Nice to see everyone today and I hope we will meet up again in the coming year.
@Buck Thanks for the loan of the buff. Lifesaver.
@Almartino I hope your back is not too sore. GWS.

OP
OP
Slioch

Slioch

Guru
Just back in from picking Mrs S up from her Works Xmas night out. OMG. Central York is carnage tonight :eek:

In a kind of masochistic way I quite enjoyed that ride today. Having really good company helped though, so thanks everyone.

I've got to confess that I was a bit worried about the possibility of some/all of us getting a touch of exposure at one stage before reaching Knaresborough, but I think that 2nd cafe stop sorted us out ok and got us warmed up a bit. And having the wind behind us for the last 15 miles or so made it a heck of a lot easier than the outward leg.

I might do a longer write-up tomorrow. I'm a bit K-nackered now.

Top Bottom