Bread

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Telemark

Cycling is fun ...
another vote for the Panasonic ... we've had ours for 2 1/2 years now, and it's still going strong. We only buy bread very rarely now, when we run out unexpectedly (must try the speedy setting).

Initially I was very wary of even very slight changes from the recipes, but am now happily experimenting and merging different recipes, and using rye, spelt, buckwheat etc. My favourite setting is for "French" bread, which has the longest rising time, so we tend to put the bread on the timer overnight as it takes 6 hours :bicycle:. At weekends it's nice to use the dough setting and then bake the bread (or Chelsea buns or Hot Cross buns or German style Christmas Stollen, depending on the time of year) in the oven ... the sweet stuff does go stale very quickly, but that's not normally a problem :biggrin:.

I really like Jennie Shapter's recipes.

Must remember to get tomorrow's loaf started instead of cycle-chatting about it :cheers:

T

OP
OP
Piemaster

Piemaster

Guru
I did it!

Finally did it yesterday :tongue:
Bread rolls that actually look and taste like bread! I think it may be because I bought very strong flour (different brand from last stuff too) and dried yeast instead of the fast acting stuff.
I would have posted a picture but being a bit slow off the mark there is now only a few breadcumbs left.
To make sure it wasn't a fluke I made pizza tonight and that went well too.
Don't think it actually rose a much, as used the remainder of the last lot of flour I bought, but then it doesn't matter as much with pizza

Arch

Married to Night Train
Piemaster said:
Finally did it yesterday ;)
Bread rolls that actually look and taste like bread! I think it may be because I bought very strong flour (different brand from last stuff too) and dried yeast instead of the fast acting stuff.
I would have posted a picture but being a bit slow off the mark there is now only a few breadcumbs left.
To make sure it wasn't a fluke I made pizza tonight and that went well too.
Don't think it actually rose a much, as used the remainder of the last lot of flour I bought, but then it doesn't matter as much with pizza

Indeed, I'd say a pizza that rose too much was not a pizza. More like a tomato topped bun....

Well done!

OP
OP
Piemaster

Piemaster

Guru
Arch said:
Indeed, I'd say a pizza that rose too much was not a pizza. More like a tomato topped bun....

Well done!

Not when you see the quantity of cheese the kids insist I put on it. No chance of it rising in the oven with that much weight on it.

Thanks! Arch & WC

Top Bottom