BREAKDOWN of CYCLOGS CC TEAM

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Scoosh

Velocouchiste
As has been observed, the CycleChat Team on Cyclogs is a bit .... well DOMINANT :smile:. While this is wonderful for all of us, it's a tad demoralising for everyone else - and we want to be nice to other cyclists :biggrin:

During recent CC Central Scotland Forum Rides, we have discussed the idea of breaking down the CC Team into more manageable sizes. Naturally, it started with us talking about a Scottish breakawayteam, so I looked at the CC Team mileages and did some very quick sums and worked out that, if all the people who had the Scottish Saltire flag as their 'country' were in one team, we would be about 5th or 6th in the list of teams :ohmy:.

My proposal is that the rest of the UK give serious consideration to re-aligning themselves into smaller groups, dividing yourselves up in any way you think would give a roughly even spread of numbers (eg. regional, MTB'ers, Bianchi lovers, treehuggers ..... but please, no f**tball allegiances - let's keep it civilised ;)). Part of the fun of Cyclogs is the (mildly) competitive element, as it can give a wee boost to go out and do those few extra miles, even if the weather/I/the job etc is .... let's just say 'rubbish'. :blush: [AH is a classic - and honourable - example of this :biggrin: (sorry AH, there's no smilie with a 'bent trike ;))]

I realise that this is bit of a rush and it will take some time - and a few threads ;) - to sort out but I think it would be a good thing to do.

What does the rest of Cyclogs CC think ? Does anyone else agree ? :huh:

Team CC Scotland will probably launch fairly soon :smile:, so anyone who wishes to join is most welcome :biggrin:. You can be a Scot, live here, just like the idea or have no particular reason: as long as you get some miles in and allocate them to CC Scotland - you are most :smile: :biggrin:

HJ

Cycling in Scotland
There is a buzz that CC Ecosse has already been launched...

akaAndrew

I think it's a great idea. As you say, cyclogs has a decidedly top heavy look to it month after month.

I also think regions is as good a deciding factor as anything else.... even though it'd mean I'm a team of 1! Perhaps we can have CC Ex-pats or 'outre-mer' or something.

Sittingduck

Legendary Member
I read the other thread about the forming of the CC Scotland team and wasn't sure what to make of it. Thinking about the points above though, this might actually be a really good idea :smile: Would probably add to the banter in 2 ways; internally within the smaller teams and from team-to-team.

Think a London & Home Counties team might give the Scots a run for their money :biggrin: (provided we get the likes of Aperitif to start bothering to log his miles! :smile:).

ACS

Legendary Member
Sittingduck said:
I read the other thread about the forming of the CC Scotland team and wasn't sure what to make of it. Thinking about the points above though, this might actually be a really good idea :smile: Would probably add to the banter in 2 ways; internally within the smaller teams and from team-to-team.

Think a London & Home Counties team might give the Scots a run for their money :smile:

Sooo its a mile fight youse er wantin, eh, come on if you think u've got the legs :biggrin:

Garz

Squat Member
I would say if there was a mandatory split from a vote that country teams would be my preference. Although some like to affiliate themselves with Great Britain (flag choice) this would have to be devolved as who would take the points? (unless those that stay Britain dont contribute points?)

You could have (CC teams):

England
Scotland
Wales
N.I
Rest of the World

Shrimp_Stu

Good idea to break up the dominance and provide some competitiveness amongst CC's. Would the London and the Home Counties include the Essex Riviera?

OP
OP
Scoosh

Scoosh

Velocouchiste
bhoyjim said:
Come on Scoosh keep up :biggrin:
Sorry, making the tea for the family :rolleyes:

My thought of making the teams perhaps regional is to keep the numbers roughly aligned. If CC England is formed, well, guess who is going to be the highest mileage team within CC ? :sad: From this northern perspective, I think 'England' has too large a number of CC Cyclogs members.

There is a natural, (national) desire for Scotland, Wales, Ireland, Outre-mer/Etranger/Ex-pat, Yorkshire :laugh:, maybe SW (Zomerzet west ?) but I have no idea how many folk London/Home Counties would include. My concept is to get roughly the same number of members in each team at this starting point, then see who is best at cycling miles (and recruiting :smile: ).

For exactly the same reason that we thought of breaking up the CC team - numbers/mileages too large for any sort of competition - so we need to be aware of the size of each of the teams-to-be. :smile:

Of course, one might go even further and say that, as East Anglia etc are mainly flat, those living in the hills should get their miles multiplied by a carefully-calculated 'bonus factor' to more accurately reflect the effort in the miles :laugh:.*

* this is not really a serious proposal.
(Team Ecosse would, of course, have the highest Bonus Factor 'cos of the dark, cold etc etc .... :blush:)

Garz

Squat Member
This would seem to be a bigger task than is necessary. It would make more sense to leave the cyclogs as it is and have a sub-parsing site that collates all the cyclogs data (it will be a day or two behind the live system) and within the CC team it calculates this into the 'regional' system that you want to compete with.

I haven't entered any stuff in Cyclogs for a while but I must admit I don't like the idea of regionalising it unless you could also retain the CC identity.

OP
OP
Scoosh

Scoosh

Velocouchiste
Crackle said:
I haven't entered any stuff in Cyclogs for a while but I must admit I don't like the idea of regionalising it unless you could also retain the CC identity.
By that do you mean having CC Ecosse, CC East Anglia, CC Northern etc ? If so, that is just what I am proposing - provided no one team is so big that it swamps the whole 'competition', just like we have had Team CC dominating all others.

scoosh said:
By that do you mean having CC Ecosse, CC East Anglia, CC Northern etc ? If so, that is just what I am proposing - provided no one team is so big that it swamps the whole 'competition', just like we have had Team CC dominating all others.

But the different members wouldn't be in the same list though, that's what I mean. Anyway, as I'm not a current user of it ( I might start using it again), I probably should stay out of it.

OP
OP
Scoosh

Scoosh

Velocouchiste
Ah, I get what you mean now (I think :tongue:). I agree, I would like to be part of CC Ecosse but also have my mileages recorded in the 'full' CC Team. So Team CC would have everyone (so we can have our own internal 'competition') and Team page would show the smaller team groupings, like CC Ecosse.

Is that what you mean ? If so, it sounds like something which should be possible "in software" :biggrin:, yes ?

Yes that was what I meant. I might miss comparing myself to others doing similiar mileages as they are no longer in my group. That's all I meant.

Top Bottom