BREAKDOWN of CYCLOGS CC TEAM

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

jig-sore

Formerly the anorak
i think the basic idea is a good one, guess i would fall into cycle chat midlands then :blush:

one thought (tell me to shut up if you like), could we not break it down by cycling types... beginners, commuters, TT, audax etc ???

4F

Active member of Helmets Are Sh*t Lobby
I agree, I tried Bikejournal for a while as well and find that cyclogs much better. If the Scottish splitters want to leave then so be it :blush: but I think it would be a bit much to ask cyclogs to start sub divisions when it is a free service.

MrRidley

I think everyone is getting carried away about break ups, regions, sections etc, i merely formed a CYCLECHAT SCOTLAND TEAM on Cyclogs because i was fed up seeing the main CC team at the top of the leaderboard every month, this way we get to have a bit of competition amongst ourselves (CC Ecosse) and make the chase for 2nd,3rd and 4th etc a bit more exciting, in no way would i like to see the breakup of Cylogs as it's a FANTASTIC site which the admin people do a great job of running, also as far as Cyclechat is concerned i think people can join whichever team they like, i also like to see my name on the leaderboard, but for now just under a different team, so lets not get too carried away and start giving the Cyclogs team headaches about setting up different things, it's fine as it is, so please remember the grass is not always greener :ohmy:

Garz

Squat Member
Regarding myself I never mentioned changing or altering or anything that cyclogs would have to do. Not only would they tell you to pi$$ off, it wouldnt be free anyway.

I was highlighting that if people want a more fun/competitive slant to cyclogs then all you have to do is expand upon my post from earlier and get some processing of the data the site already has to offer.

Some people tend to read things posted in the hard to understand or tunnel vision way.. :ohmy:

* You dont have to start creating new teams to do any of this data manipulation

marinyork

Resting in suspended Animation
Mad, I can't believe the Scottish contingent has left! What about the rest of us CC Home Counties, CC M25, CC Cider Drinkers, CC White and Red Roses?

vernon

Harder than Ronnie Pickering
scoosh said:
But that is just what I think we need to break up/down ;) ! The main CycleChat result is so far ahead of everyone else, it's not a lot of fun for them.

I think that too much is made of the CC dominance in the faux competition for number one spot. A much easier way of levelling the playing field is to take the average mileage i.e. total mileage of the team and divide it by the number of active members for each month. I also think that this will be a lot easier to administer than setting up sub groups. I don't particularly want to be identified with a sub group of CC and don't see the need for it.

The dominance of a one or two teams or individuals also exists within the Audax community. Willesden and VC167 dominate the team points table and the likes of Steve Abrahams dominate the individuals' table. Folk just accept that thaths the state of play and that sort of takeing the teams and individuals out of the game there's not a lot can be done. I suggest that CC does the same. It's only a set of numbers after all.

Keith Oates

Janner
I use Cyclogs to record my milage etc. but I contibute to the CC team for a couple of reasons. Firstly it shows that we have a good number of active cyclists on the forum and secondly it's much easier to trace our forum friends on the team list than to wade through 5 or more pages of the leaderboard section.!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

OP
OP
Scoosh

Scoosh

Velocouchiste
vernon said:
I think that too much is made of the CC dominance in the faux competition for number one spot. A much easier way of levelling the playing field is to take the average mileage i.e. total mileage of the team and divide it by the number of active members for each month. I also think that this will be a lot easier to administer than setting up sub groups.
:ohmy: Now that's a great concept :evil: .... and much easier to do :sad:

... why couldn't I have thought of it :sad:

OP
OP
Scoosh

Scoosh

Velocouchiste
vernon said:
I think that too much is made of the CC dominance in the faux competition for number one spot. A much easier way of levelling the playing field is to take the average mileage i.e. total mileage of the team and divide it by the number of active members for each month. I also think that this will be a lot easier to administer than setting up sub groups. I don't particularly want to be identified with a sub group of CC and don't see the need for it.
Garz said:
Cycle Chat need to manage their own site for this to work (webspace, software etc). It's not majorly hard but would require some effort from people who are used to doing this or at school and know how to. It was years since I done my degree in computer science so im well out of the loop (rusty). Here's your opportunity to go and relive those 'glory years' :smile:

Each night the CC setup would pull off the daily figures and manipulate the data. You could then do as people are requesting which is categorising data into sub-teams. This is the leymans terms of how its done, but very do-able.
Is it possible for some techy-orientated person on CC to DO something like this ? Then we could remain a BIG CC Team on Cyclogs and have our own, local teams on CC :biggrin:. Sounds kinda ideal to me .....

Garz

Squat Member
As I put it clearly, it's a solution but it seems other people have gone their own way and disbanded to form another entity. This is similar to cutting your arm off to stop a broken hand from hurting kind of situation.

Tbh although I would like to 'relive those glory years' by the time I have grasped the newer languages available and researched my own method for tackling it there would be a handful of people on here (or know people like friend/family) that could do this off the bat.

What you (cycle chat) would have to organise is hosting and the services that they offer to provide this facility. You may have a willing donor or enthusiast whom will volunteer this for cheap/free.

Another consideration I havn't thought of is if cyclogs will allow thier site to be parsed in this way and if not CC would have to kindly ask so that this is acceptable from them.

It is the best solution to your envisaged team comparison wants though scoosh! :hyper:

Top Bottom