Breakfast pie...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

vernon

Harder than Ronnie Pickering
Having set an arbitrary limit of two pies on any given day unless it's a Pie Fest™ day, I had a Voakes of Whixley pork pie left in my pannier when returning from yesterday's Pie Quest.

What better way to start the day than to start it with pie :mrpig:

The pie was unusual in that it had jelly which suggested that it might tast better warm. One half was eaten cold and the other warmed in the microwave - I couldn't wait for a conventional oven to warm up.

The crust was OK cold but tasted better when heated. There was a thick section of crust but overall a competent pastry blend. The filling was a benignly spiced mix - slightly salty but serviceable. The texture and taste improved when heated.

6/10 cold 8/10 warm

6ere8era.jpg

usutebaz.jpg

Andrew_Culture

Internet Marketing bod
Starting the day with two pies?

OP
OP
vernon

vernon

[QUOTE 2291385, member: 259"]My wife does a nice egg and bacon breakfast pie. [/quote]

How partial is she to bigamy pigamy?

DiddlyDodds

Random Resident
Where are the mushy peas ...

DiddlyDodds

Random Resident
[QUOTE 2291777, member: 259"]Mushy peas with pork pies? :ohmy:

[/quote]

You've never been to Leeds have you.

Even in fancy la corporate suite at Leeds United yesterday , they had mush peas on the menu.
For years we have had pie and peas before kick off and altough they dont do it now , i am sure you used to get mint sauce saches as well.

StuAff

Silencing his legs regularly
Had one of those last year (for the LonJOG contingent, Voakes supply Raine's in Helperby). Nice pie!

OP
OP
vernon

vernon

It was bad enough to discover that they served mushy peas with pork pies when I moved down to Leeds and then, to injury to insult offered mint sauce. That's so wrong :thumbsdown:

I have never eaten a pie sullied by either spoiling agent. :angel:

Top Bottom