Breakfast..?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

domtyler

Über Member
Dayvo said:
On holidays to Barbados, I used to get up at sunrise, jog/walk up the beach, have a 30 min swim, shower and breakfast with a pint of rum and coke!
That wasn't very civilised, but good fun! :smile::smile:

I heard that when you were working in the bar you used to always ask for the early shift so you could go in a drink up the slops and leftovers from the previous night. :becool:

domtyler said:
I heard that when you were working in the bar you used to always ask for the early shift so you could go in a drink up the slops and leftovers from the previous night. :smile:

No, that was a mine-sweep at the rugby club when the opposition left! :becool:

It's best to have some kind of protein, nuts, eggs, fresh meat. Processed meat has too many nitrates in it and are not good for anyone especially for children who are not able to process it as well as an adult. I have toast with peanut butter and very weak coffee. Mrs Spandex

longers

Legendary Member
Strong coffee at 6.30 ish, then the 10 miles to work and a pint or so of water along the way, a banana on arrival and then muesli at 10am.

Speicher

Vice Admiral
Usually porridge, made with Jumbo Organic Oats and skimmed milk - two minutes in the microwave on High, or sometimes Bite size Shredded Wheat, but they need full fat milk really (and two mugs of coffee) :smile:.

mondobongo

Über Member
Quite often skip it, yeah I know most important meal of the day. Will always breakfast well before a ride shredded wheat or weetabix with a banana and a piece of flapjack and a couple of coffees. Other times when I do eat breakfast its shredded wheat or crumpets and boiled eggs.

I was a smoker for years and breakfast consisted of coffee and cigarettes for years gross when I look back at it now.

Davyo love the idea of a cognac for breakfast going to have to try it, if at my Mum's Xmas morning we have Whisky in our tea thats nice Grants normally would not waste a malt.

4F

Active member of Helmets Are Sh*t Lobby
Porridge normally (50 / 50 mix milk and water) once I have arrived at work . Cereal at weekends.

yoyo

Half a grapefruit, Dorset cereals raspberry and cranberry porridge made with water washed down with strong black coffee. Lasts six hours until lunch time.

Usually cereal and about twelve cups of coffee. Occasionally a bacon and sausage butty from the caff round the corner from work, but that's normally getting on towards lunchtime.

Keith Oates

Janner
Normally have a big bowl of porridge, made with water only, before the commute. However where I am at the moment it's not available so I'm having noodles, they are not bad but can't wait to go on leave again and buy a stock of porridge to bring back with me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Keith Oates said:
Normally have a big bowl of porridge, made with water only, before the commute. However where I am at the moment it's not available so I'm having noodles, they are not bad but can't wait to go on leave again and buy a stock of porridge to bring back with me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

My ex's sister used to live in China. The only thing she missed was Marmite, so a friend of hers took a couple of the big jars out for her. He went round to her house, laden with suitcases with these two Marmite jars held precariously in one hand. As he rang the doorbell, they slipped and smashed on the doorstep. When she answered the door he was practically in tears, knee deep in Marmite and broken glass. She was none too happy either!

Tetedelacourse

I can't stomach anything until about 10am at work when i'll eat a Frusli with coffee. By 11am the snacking begins though. Same at the weekend.

My kids aren't keen on breakfast at all (3 and 1.5 yr olds). They'll only have milk.

Top Bottom