Breakfast

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
D

Deleted member 1258

Me too, I used to love a 'Full English' as we know them, and would have one 2 or 3 times a week. But since my 'scare', September last year, I haven't touched one. And now the thought of all that fat makes me retch.

My scare was in 2008, and since then fried stuff generally has been largely of the menu. I haven't eaten chips since, bacon is of the menu most of the time, I've only eaten it a couple of times shredded in a salad on nights out, I rarely have a biscuit or a pie and if I eat eggs they are boiled or scrambled. My only failure has been sweets and cakes, I still eat more than I should but not as much as I used to.

e-rider

crappy member
I eat breakfast after the first 50 miles on the road - usually consists of an isotonic gel and some Nuun.

potsy

Rambler
Looks a lot like a normal breakfast to me-only smaller
biggrin.gif

For normal days, nothing finer than
19t99z.jpg

and yes, it's because I like them, not for any other reason

If I'm running or off on a ride

oh0b2d.jpg

All good and wholesome.....

..problem is after the exertion when it's cider and deep fried szechuan bean curd :blush:

HelenD123

Legendary Member
A cooked breakfast is the only thing that stops me being hungry on tour. Even porridge doesn't seem to do the trick.

ThePainInSpain

My scare was in 2008, and since then fried stuff generally has been largely of the menu. I haven't eaten chips since, bacon is of the menu most of the time, I've only eaten it a couple of times shredded in a salad on nights out, I rarely have a biscuit or a pie and if I eat eggs they are boiled or scrambled. My only failure has been sweets and cakes, I still eat more than I should but not as much as I used to.

Looks like your diet is as miserable as mine. I don't eat sweets and cakes, but oven chips are ok once a week. But ohhhhhhh the yearning for some proper 'chip shop chips'.

But ultimately, I've now lost 18 kgs, and although only back cycling for 2 months, am so much fitter.

I'll probably end up being the fittest corpse on the slab. ;)

D

Deleted member 1258

Looks like your diet is as miserable as mine. I don't eat sweets and cakes, but oven chips are ok once a week. But ohhhhhhh the yearning for some proper 'chip shop chips'.

But ultimately, I've now lost 18 kgs, and although only back cycling for 2 months, am so much fitter.

I'll probably end up being the fittest corpse on the slab. ;)

I must admit I don't miss the fried stuff most of the time, riding home from work about 7pm I go past a chip shop in Bedworth and if I'm really Hungary the smell gets to me a little, but I just keep going. If a fried meal was put in front of me I doubt I could eat it. Well done for losing the weight. and keep at it.

al78

Guru
Oh, for goodness' sake. There's always someone ready to suck all the fun out of life.:rolleyes:

Yes, it is funny how the enjoyable things in life always seem to be bad for us/others in some way.

Reminds me of that line in Terminator 2:

John: "We're not gonna make it. People, I mean."
Terminator: "It is in your nature to destroy yourselves."

Top Bottom