Breaking 90 miles! and myself

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Doyleyburger

Veteran
it doesn't matter which direction i set off for a ride it always involves hills.
Same here but I love tackling them

That doesn't mean to say I'm any good at them tho :laugh:

Spinney

Bimbleur extraordinaire
I don't even know where the Forest of Dean is, but I did say "relatively flat roads" which they are in comparison to the roads I ride.:blush:
If you regularly climb anything called a 'bank' I agree with your point completely.
Chapeau!
(I got up a 'bank' once without stopping - I was ever so pleased with myself but I had to have a little lie down at the top to recover!)

OP
OP
liambauckham

liambauckham

Über Member
Yeah, I know what you mean and i have tackled and conquered some of the toughest hills local to me.

If you regularly climb anything called a 'bank' I agree with your point completely.
Chapeau!
(I got up a 'bank' once without stopping - I was ever so pleased with myself but I had to have a little lie down at the top to recover!)

just engage beast mode and run through it

OP
OP
liambauckham

liambauckham

Über Member
Not sure I have a beast mode...
:sad:

just picture michael gove and the strength will naturally come

Arjimlad

Tights of Cydonia
Looked like a great ride, shame about the cramps. I must get over to the Forest on the road bike one day. We do family rides over there but a proper road blast has got to be a good thing !

Keep up the videos - looking forward to some proper mudslinging ones on the MTB.

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
Yes, there were some nice roads there.

You've reminded me that I used to get cramp a lot when I was out on longer rides but it doesn't seem to happen much now. I'm not exactly sure why. I do make sure that I eat and drink enough and my bikes are set up to suit me. I will probably get horrendous cramp on my next long ride now! :laugh:

OP
OP
liambauckham

liambauckham

Über Member
Yes, there were some nice roads there.

You've reminded me that I used to get cramp a lot when I was out on longer rides but it doesn't seem to happen much now. I'm not exactly sure why. I do make sure that I eat and drink enough and my bikes are set up to suit me. I will probably get horrendous cramp on my next long ride now! :laugh:

yeah was an odd one as its not that much further than when i was in France, we covered 86 miles on the first day whilst hung over and i felt fine

Top Bottom