Breaking: This is a First!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Heltor Chasca

Out-riding the Black Dog
School Run this morning and we are in my work pick up. *This is very rare but there you are.

Stopped at a pelican crossing to let peds across. (Unusual behaviour here in the South West) Bus. The other side also stopped (also unusual)

Peds complete their crossing and said bus and I pull off. WHOOOOOSH, Cyclist comes flying through the tiny gap between bus and I. I tut and bus driver goes off on one. Cyclist disappears over the horizon. Still alive.

An hour later my mobile rings.

It’s the cyclist!

He has my contact details from my sign written vehicle or google. Hugely apologetic; promises never to do that again; will supply ‘kill stickers’ to mark my truck up. All light stuff and no animosity.

His reason? ‘New earphones and banging music, totally psyched, head down and putting the hammer down.’ And there ends our tale of being in a vehicle this morning.

*A boy in my daughter’s class said, ‘Has your dad actually got a vehicle license?’ That’s massive kudos!

derrick

The Glue that binds us together.
[QUOTE="Heltor Chasca, post:

*A boy in my daughter’s class said, ‘Has your dad actually got a vehicle license?’ That’s massive kudos![/QUOTE]
I would not take that as kudos. Thats an insult. He has obviously seen you drive.:laugh::laugh:

I like Skol

A Minging Manc...
*A boy in my daughter’s class said, ‘Has your dad actually got a vehicle license?’ That’s massive kudos!
I sometimes wonder about this. I guess people that I see but do not know well (other parents at school etc) may know that I drive as they will have seen me, but then turn up a few times by bicycle with the car nowhere to be seen for weeks or even months. Do they then begin to think 'Poor fellow, must have lost his driving licence', or maybe drinks a lot and is not sober enough to get behind the wheel? It must be something like that because I have to resort to using a pushbike to get around!!! :ohmy:

OP
OP
Heltor Chasca

Heltor Chasca

Out-riding the Black Dog
It’s been a great morning. As I said I drove. Got to school early as it’s the last day and there’s lots to be done. Parked legally blah blah blah.

Returned to my truck to find I had been blocked in by a SUV. Parked ON THE PAVEMENT! Ironically the driver has a 5 year old and a toddler in a push chair. I guess some people are just ignorant.

Arjimlad

Tights of Cydonia
Great stuff.

Perhaps I should put my number on my cycle jersey so close-passing drivers can call me up to apologise ? :laugh:

Top Bottom