Breathable Jacket? Whats the best?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

yello

Paramo stuff is the absolute doggies knackers! Seriously. I have a wind shirt and the cuzco jacket (I don't wear either for cycling btw) and it's quality kit. The sort of stuff I'd replace with exactly the same in an instant, no questions, should I ever need to.

The cuzco jacket construction pisses all over goretex for function; genuinely breathable and waterproof. It's says its cut for the bike but I personally find it too bulky, though I wore it for cycle touring and would do so again.

jasper

Bugner said:
Fellow cyclists,

What is the most breathable waterproof/windproof jacket on the market??
Can't answer that, but I just wear a short sleeve jersey (with arm warmers if it's cold) and then wear a Descente race cape if it starts raining. The cape is wind & waterproof, can screw up (folded :smile:) to nothing and stuffs in the jersey pocket. It's cut longer in the arms and back so remaining covered when on the drops.

I'm unsure of the model but I think it's this one. Mine's in Orange (which isn't advertised as an option on Wiggle. I bought mine about a year ago so paid about 3 times that...:

http://www.wiggle.co.uk/p/Cycle/7/Descente_Velom_Wind_Resistant_Jacket/5360031377/

Bugner said:
Just want something light to keep out the elements, not worried about it being warm.
See above...

Andy 71

yello said:
The Nevis particularly! It was well reviewed, and got best buys, as a budget waterproof... and it is waterproof but, my lord, you cook! I always had the pit zips open fully on the few occassions I wore it. I only paid £30 for mine from that roving bike jumble thing so I didn't feel too out of pocket.

I refer to mine as the 'Sweatmaster'. I only tend to wear it from the October onwards and wear the lightest t-shirt possible underneath.

J4CKO

I have the Altura Nightvision, pleased with it, not too expensive, breathable and fairly waterproof, the colour is great as are the reflective panels, however when I have done a year I may go the Goretex route.

I do get sweaty but mainly due to the rucksack on my back, really must get some panniers !

i have an event jacket, but as its my first, cant compare it to anything!- its not as good as i hoped, but assuming that its as breatheable as the reviews, and the (propaganda) website, im glad i didnt get a cheaper one, it keeps the rain out, but i really sweat where i wear my rucksack, it would most probably be pretty good if i didnt though..

its a gill pro speed..

Shady

Another vote for Paramo for me !!

They do a Fuera Windproof jacket that is also waterproof and is thin so won't heat you up too much.

http://www.paramo.co.uk

I also have the Vasco Jacket which is cycling specific but has a fleecy liner so can only really be work with a thin base layer.

Top Bottom