Breathable Under Helmet Cap

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

line71

Hi
Im looking for a lightweight hat/cap to wear under my helmet for the autumn and winter,unfortuneatley all the ones i can find seem to be thermal types and as the winters in the UK are not very cold i just need something fairly lightweight which will not make me sweat and to tuck my hair in which is getting abit long
thanks all

U

User6179

Hi
Im looking for a lightweight hat/cap to wear under my helmet for the autumn and winter,unfortuneatley all the ones i can find seem to be thermal types and as the winters in the UK are not very cold i just need something fairly lightweight which will not make me sweat and to tuck my hair in which is getting abit long
thanks all

I find a head band better than a skull cap providing your not bald, lightweight caps still tend to make me sweat .

15269.jpg

+1 for the buff, has the advantage of multiple uses too.

you may even get a cycle chat one if you hunt around enough.

I have three, an original buff, a cycle chat buff and an aldi buff. all get used. much better than a skull cap.

you could always go for a cotton cap, planet x have a range for about £2.50 ish, there was even a link to the Assos site in the found a bargain thread. these have the advantage of a peak to keep water out of your eyes should it rain

Paul99

Über Member

Gez73

Veteran
Another Buff disciple here. Have several and the Merino one is very useful for Winter. Have a fleece one too for the very cold weather for neck and head use. I wear them in Summer too to save the helmet pads from needing washing too often. Have used under-helmet caps too from Aldi but prefer the versatility of a suitable Buff.

Top Bottom