Brian Rourke Road bike seen on TV today

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Brummie53

Watching the TV programme “ Find it Fix it and Flog it” today and one of the items was a Brian Rourke Road bike with a fair amount of surface rust. It was done up and the ‘expert’ estimated it could be worth £600. I was aware that Brian Rourke frames were made in Stoke-on-Trent and have looked on the internet and see that he was a good cyclist back in the day. As frame builders how highly were those frames rated in what I assume is the independent sector.

This is a good watch features a Rourke frame as his perfect bike.

View: https://youtu.be/leg9iYK-9E0

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Well known in this part of the world. Their 953 would be on my list of bikes if I was to get a new frame built. They have been going a long time, and there is a significant waiting list for frame builds.

OP
OP
B

Brummie53

Enjoyed the YouTube video cougie uk. Must confess as a born and bred Brummie I didn’t know that Brooks Saddles originated in Birmingham. Their current factory is technically over the city boundary in Smethwick but as it’s only by a few hundred yards or so I guess it’s splitting hairs. Not sure what the good people of Smethwick would think of me claiming it for Birmingham. Might wear a tin hat if I ride over that way!

raleighnut

Legendary Member
Enjoyed the YouTube video cougie uk. Must confess as a born and bred Brummie I didn’t know that Brooks Saddles originated in Birmingham. Their current factory is technically over the city boundary in Smethwick but as it’s only by a few hundred yards or so I guess it’s splitting hairs. Not sure what the good people of Smethwick would think of me claiming it for Birmingham. Might wear a tin hat if I ride over that way!
The Italians* own Brooks now so I doubt anyone in Smethwick would care.

* Selle

Brooks still produce saddles in the UK don't they ?

Plenty of companies are owned by multinationals but locals are still proud of their own factories.

Fab Foodie

hanging-on in quiet desperation ...
Watching the TV programme “ Find it Fix it and Flog it” today and one of the items was a Brian Rourke Road bike with a fair amount of surface rust. It was done up and the ‘expert’ estimated it could be worth £600. I was aware that Brian Rourke frames were made in Stoke-on-Trent and have looked on the internet and see that he was a good cyclist back in the day. As frame builders how highly were those frames rated in what I assume is the independent sector.
https://www.rourke.biz/new/gallery.php

Feast your eyes!
The Trott's use them as their winter training bikes as do other Team GB riders. Also built a lot of bikes for Nicole Cook.
I have an 8 year old custom 853 winter/Audax frame and it's a very lovely thing and reasonably priced for custom made.

Top Bottom