Brian Rourke

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
So do they make the frames or are they bought in and stickered up . ????

Wash your mouth out.... :wacko:. :ninja:

:tongue:

OP
OP
tigger

tigger

Über Member
So do they make the frames or are they bought in and stickered up . ????
Yes shame on you! Handbuilt personally for you. Brian oversee's the sizing and his son builds and paints. 853 frames custom made with your choice of colours plus carbon forks for under£800. Bargain. Yeah even the 953 is a bargain at £1550

CubeAgree

Roukes is by far the best shop in staffordshire in my opinion. I only live round the corner so it's fast becoming a second home. I like how the mechanics workshop is on the shop floor. Great staff.

With any luck the cat & fiddle will have the same weather as last year although going by the weather today in Stoke I'm not holding my breath.

OP
OP
tigger

tigger

Über Member
Almost as nice as my Frank Herety, but not as exclusive ! :becool:

:tongue:
Just seen your Herety Fossy. Very nice indeedy.

Now tell me more about the ride of steel vs carbon from your experiences Comfort, weight, stiffness, durability etc ..

Cool see you there!
No worries. There'll be at least 4 of us. Last year we parked HERE on Navigation Road, and then it's only a couple of minutes ride to the shop.

The start is actually from the Cobridge Community Centre HERE, just down Bursley Road from the shop.

Alembicbassman

Confused.com
Maybe one day I'll buy one. I am a steel convert, 2 out of my 3 bikes are Reynolds framed. I pick up my new Reynolds 525 steel ride on Saturday.

I've still got my Dave Russell 653 which Dave (RIP) built for me in 1993 - The frame is currently hanging on the wall, but I will build it back up again one day....

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Just seen your Herety Fossy. Very nice indeedy.

Now tell me more about the ride of steel vs carbon from your experiences Comfort, weight, stiffness, durability etc ..

Erm, can't comment. 1 Herety SLX steel, 1 Ribble 653 steel, 1 Diamond Back Tange Cromo steel, and an alloy/carbon fixed road bike.

The steel road bikes are far quicker over crap road surfaces than the alloy/carbon bike - the forks just zuzz out the vibration.

Not ridden a carbon bike, but like any material, you can make it as stiff or compliant as you like. 953 can be very stiff if you use certain tube profiles.

Top Bottom