Brian Rourke

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
tigger

tigger

Über Member
not that much lighter, but 953 is a stainless-grade tubeset - not necessarily 'better' than 853, but it just gives you some different options...

Ah yes forgot that. Stainless would be much better as a forever bike. Looks very nice unpainted too, like Ti but with sexier welds (not that I really understand any of that!)

953 it is then!

CubeAgree

+1, I didn't do it in 2010 but I believe it honked it down the whole day, and the downhills where more like log flumes :rain:

It was like riding in a bath

Get it rebuilt !! Come on !

All in good time.. :smile:

The replacement Reynolds and Russell decals have arrived, but I've not decided on a colour yet. The frame was originally in my old team colours or red/yellow, but I got it repainted in dark metallic green after I bent it in a crash in 95. That's the nice thing about steel frames, Dave just replaced the down tube and the frame was good to go again. Not sure whether to return to the orignal colour scheme, or go for something different...

Alembicbassman

Confused.com
I'm sure carbon fibre wouldn't be half as popular if they called them re-inforced plastic bikes. Since the majority of the mass is made up of polyepoxide, a type of thermosetting plastic. Not easily re-cycled and quite toxic to produce.

We had a stall next to Rourke at Bespoked. I was shuttling stuff from the van and returned at one point to witness Brian himself down on his hands and knees helping our young Jake assemble a display stand. Really lovely bloke, his frames are lush.

Top Bottom