brian rourke

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
judging by the use of downtube levers and the style of Shimano 105 parts (and the Vittoria Stephen Roche shoes) I'd take a guess at early 90's. If it's a Rourke - and I doubt if anyone could get the frame stickers to fake it - then it will probably be Reynolds 531 or better. Brian Rourke could probably tell you what the frame is made of from the frame number if he still ahs records from when it was built. The paint looks a bit tired but maybe you could take it back to the shop and get it renovated?
For £100, if it fits then it looks like a bargain to me.

You might get some problems finding old style Look cleats for the pedals but the rest should be fine (or no problems to find replacement or suitable parts).

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
My Professional opinion.............

Check out the down tube at the front...............as the corrosion looks like it might come from a front end shunt....i.e. stretched paint/tubes ........

It isn't a well looked after Rourke...........(PS warning) but the front end doesn't look right.... had it been, it would be OK - check out the chrome forks as well, as it will cost you a small fortune to sort....... Need to look into the rust before committing......

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
You need to look at it in daylight................ not off a photo............

Be careful............. paint chips are that............ rust/damage stretch are not good - we can't tell from a forum image...........

amrushton

I'd needed to have looked at the points mentioned and maybe in the seat tube for any corrosion. A nail is a nail but £100 max is what it's worth at the most. You can go to your LBS and get a perfectly good brand new bike for £300. £50 maybe for that Rourke.

Genman

You can always tell a steel Rourke by the 'wrap around' seat stays ie they wrap around the seat tube in one piece.

http://tinyurl.com/3xuz3y3

Top Bottom