Bricklayers and those in the know. How much to repair this wall, please?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
And I wouldn’t worry about a match. It looks like a south facing wall so it will soon green up and weather. You won’t notice a difference. Rather have a sound wall than one that falls onto the pavement one day.
Do south-facing walls 'green up' and if so, why?

My fence has gone green on its north-facing side so I assumed that the moss (or whatever it is) likes to be in the shade.

presta

Guru
I had my front wall rebuilt about 20 years ago after it was demolished by a neighbour's car. It's about 5m x 0.7m, soft reds, in Essex, and I had three quotes between £900 and £1200 for half a day's work. At prices like that, I assumed they were ripping off the insurance company.

OP
OP
r04DiE

r04DiE

300km a week through London on a road bike.
And I wouldn’t worry about a match. It looks like a south facing wall so it will soon green up and weather. You won’t notice a difference. Rather have a sound wall than one that falls onto the pavement one day.
Thanks, its a North West facing wall but I suppose all bricks will look the same given long enough!

OP
OP
r04DiE

r04DiE

OK, some more pics from the inside looking out. It actually isn't that bad when you look from the other side.

midlife

Guru
I'd be tempted to keep the good bit with the gate and plant a hedge/ big pots / planters. Maybe it's my age but BITD we all had hedges lol

OP
OP
r04DiE

r04DiE

I'd be tempted to keep the good bit with the gate and plant a hedge/ big pots / planters. Maybe it's my age but BITD we all had hedges lol
Yes, I did think that myself, I was thinking an open wooden fence with a bush behind it but I'm not sure about getting the concrete under the gravel up first.

Top Bottom