Bridleway Obstructions

• Thread starter Deleted member 26715
  • Start date
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
D

Deleted member 26715

I understand that farmers have a job to do & that Joe Public can be a complete arse but I regularly come across attempts to block Bridleways & Footpaths.

This one is quite trivial in some respects as it's easy to walk/ride around, but in a 30+ acre field it seems strange that 5 of the large bales just happen to come out of the machine exactly across the Bridleway.

This one is clearly more deliberate, all I can assume is that they have had issues with motorbikes & this is an attempt to stop them crossing the bride, the strange thing is I'm not sure how they would have got there are you have to cross a gated railway line.

johnblack

Über Member
If that's a bridleway, how does a horse get through?

Electric_Andy

Heavy Metal Fan
The bales could have come out like that naturally, there wouldn't be much point leaving them there on purpose because as you say anyone could just ride round them.

The second picture is against the law I would guess. A lot of farmers have problems with motorbikes, my parents included. But if they're allowed to go on it then tough luck. My parents only had a problem becasue they left large ruts in the middle, and they don't even walk on it more than once a year!

OP
OP
D

Deleted member 26715

The bales could have come out like that naturally, there wouldn't be much point leaving them there on purpose because as you say anyone could just ride round them.
You could be right, but the fact there was so many bales across the track seems to me to be a bit strange, this is also the same farmer that put his watering rolls across the same track last year & then made it impassable by making it a swamp.

Jody

Stubborn git
That's the question I asked the Right of Ways Department, they have responded by closing the bridleway for 3 weeks, whilst they get a contractor to remove it,

Pruning saw. Cover of night. Job done

classic33

Leg End Member
You have the right to remove any obstruction on a PROW, keeping any damage at either side to a minimum.

You can't remove any materials used though. They remain someone elses proproperty, removal could be taken as theft.

Drago

Legendary Member
Lance O'Classic is correct. There was a case some years ago of a marquee being erected across a public footpath. A walker arrived and couldn't get around so he cut a small gap and walked through the tent. He was charged with C/D, but found with no case to answer at Court if I recall correctly.

Top Bottom