Brief Survey for University Project

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Hans

Hi,

I'm currently doing a project on a redesign of cycling helmets at my university. My supervisor, who cycles everywhere, says he will only ever wear a helmet when he commutes to and from college. His reason: the helmet is far too bulky and awkward to carry around, especially when he's down the pub!

On the subject of helmet usage, I would love to hear what everyone here has to say, and would really appreciate it if you could take a few spare moments to complete a very brief survey that I have prepared for my project.

Here is the link: http://www.surveymonkey.com/s/7Y7VJ3N

Thanks a lot,

Hans

ACS

Legendary Member
done

Spinney

Bimbleur extraordinaire
done

The question about which things were important is slightly odd - I interpreted 'size' as meaning if it is the right size for my head (and this is therefore linked with comfort and with protection - it won't protect you if it is the wrong size).

If (as I suspect, having read the OP again) it means 'size when carrying it around', then that needs to be made clearer in the survey. Just a thought.

I don't see how you could make them much less bulky - just look at the size of motorcycle helmets!

OP
OP
H

Hans

Thanks everyone, really sorry for putting this topic in the wrong place. I obviously didn't look through the forum hard enough...

Size refers to physical size, so yes perhaps I should have made it clearer. There are already some folding helmets on the market. One of my designs takes this concept and develops it further.

HJ

Cycling in Scotland
Strange how none of these helmet surveys have nothing to do with safety, bit like cycle helmets really... :rolleyes:

Top Bottom