Brief Survey for University Project

Discussion in 'Research and Questionnaires' started by Hans, 18 Apr 2010.

1. Hans

Hans New Member

Hi,

I'm currently doing a project on a redesign of cycling helmets at my university. My supervisor, who cycles everywhere, says he will only ever wear a helmet when he commutes to and from college. His reason: the helmet is far too bulky and awkward to carry around, especially when he's down the pub!

On the subject of helmet usage, I would love to hear what everyone here has to say, and would really appreciate it if you could take a few spare moments to complete a very brief survey that I have prepared for my project.

Here is the link: http://www.surveymonkey.com/s/7Y7VJ3N

Thanks a lot,

Hans

2. ACS

ACS Guru

done

3. hackbike 666

hackbike 666 Guest

4. Spinney

Spinney Bimbleur extraordinaire

done

The question about which things were important is slightly odd - I interpreted 'size' as meaning if it is the right size for my head (and this is therefore linked with comfort and with protection - it won't protect you if it is the wrong size).

If (as I suspect, having read the OP again) it means 'size when carrying it around', then that needs to be made clearer in the survey. Just a thought.

I don't see how you could make them much less bulky - just look at the size of motorcycle helmets!

5. magnatom

magnatom Guest

6. bauldbairn

bauldbairn New Member

7. hackbike 666

hackbike 666 Guest

I wondered what happened to this as there was no moved thingy in commuting.

8. Theseus

Theseus .

9. OP
    OP
    Hans

Hans New Member

Thanks everyone, really sorry for putting this topic in the wrong place. I obviously didn't look through the forum hard enough...

Size refers to physical size, so yes perhaps I should have made it clearer. There are already some folding helmets on the market. One of my designs takes this concept and develops it further.

10. palinurus

palinurus Guru

Done over at YACF

11. e-rider

e-rider crappy member

A very short and basic survey for a university project - ask us some real questions about cycle helmets!

Professor Gumski

12. Russdee

Russdee New Member

13. RyanW

RyanW The abominable Bikeman

14. Also done :-)

15. HJ

HJ Cycling in Scotland

Strange how none of these helmet surveys have nothing to do with safety, bit like cycle helmets really... :rolleyes:

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice