Survey for biking gadget

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

JacksonP

Hello bikers, I would greatly appreciate it you would fill out my survey. It's for an entrepreneurship class. In the class I was assigned to make a product. Now I have been assigned to get responses to how I can improve my product and see what people think. For a little background information, My product would be a gadget you attach to your handle bars. On the gadget is a screen that displays information such as, your speed and miles biked. It would also include features like displaying notifications for your phone, GPS, bluetooth and controls to your lights and horn. A link to a survey is down bellow. Your time is greatly appreciated.

https://forms.gle/anZdRuBQAy6AjcwS9

classic33

Leg End Member
For this survey, what counts as a gadget?

Question 11 requires rewording.
"Would ever use/need a GPS while biking"

Sharky

Guru
You need to revisit the survey. Nearly every question is flawed.

For example ..

If so, how old are they
0-8
9-17
18 or older
Other:

You've covered every age from birth to over 18.
what would fall into the "other" category?

Also how do you answer this one if you have more than one kid of different ages.

Does seem to be based on cyclist being younger

there are a lot of older cyclists

and the question about allowing them to ride a distance is a bit strange - by which I mean it totally depends on their age
at 5 I was allowed in the garden
at 17 I rode well over 50 miles some day - although to be fair my parents only found out about that when I was about 40!!!

The idea of centralised control of lights is great

Hello bikers, I would greatly appreciate it you would fill out my survey. It's for an entrepreneurship class. In the class I was assigned to make a product. Now I have been assigned to get responses to how I can improve my product and see what people think. For a little background information, My product would be a gadget you attach to your handle bars. On the gadget is a screen that displays information such as, your speed and miles biked. It would also include features like displaying notifications for your phone, GPS, bluetooth and controls to your lights and horn. A link to a survey is down bellow. Your time is greatly appreciated.

A Garmin Edge does all of that, except control a horn, probably as there's no demand for that.

An entrepreneurship class and that is the best survey you can produce?

<Alan Sugar voice> You’re fired! </Alan Sugar voice>

Slick

Guru

Well, I have completed the form and whilst I'm not one for being negative, some of the questions and options, simply don't make sense.

That said, good luck.

DCLane

Found in the Yorkshire hills ...
Not answering. You need to re-visit the survey I'm afraid; there's no ethics consideration. How are you using the data? What's it actually for?

You're asking the age of under 18's here. That requires ethical clearance and you've got no ethics statement. At that point the survey's in the bin.

Most of the questions have dichotomous yes/no answers when in reality it's an in-between Likert scale of frequency/preferences/etc.

The questions need re-visiting throughout; i.e. if I'm aged 5 how can I have kids? Should I even be answering? How many children could I have? Your age option has one choice only and I might have them across all ages. And that's just the start ... Otherwise your data set is entirely flawed and, if you're using this for a qualification, you have a problem when you submit the data as part of your findings, analysis and recommendations.

That doesn't matter whether it's for GCSE / BTEC / A-level or, hopefully not, university level undergraduate/postgraduate. It means all of your analysis based upon the questionnaire becomes irrelevant at best, incorrect and fail-able at worst. If any of my university students tried to present this I'd have spent significant time discussing with them how to make it more effective. And we'd have got it correct, presented it for ethical clearance and then stated that here.

If this questionnaire's been signed off by your tutor they need to resign. Or at least recognise they shouldn't be teaching you. Sorry, but it's awful.

Last edited:

Baldy

Über Member
Question. How many children do you have?
None.
Question. How far do you let them ride? etc
I don't let them ride anywhere I don't have any. Gave up after that.

classic33

Leg End Member
Not answering. You need to re-visit the survey I'm afraid; there's no ethics consideration. How are you using the data? What's it actually for?

You're asking the age of under 18's here. That requires ethical clearance and you've got no ethics statement. At that point the survey's in the bin.

Most of the questions have dichotomous yes/no answers when in reality it's an in-between Likert scale of frequency/preferences/etc.

The questions need re-visiting throughout; i.e. if I'm aged 5 how can I have kids? Should I even be answering? How many children could I have? Your age option has one choice only and I might have them across all ages. And that's just the start ... Otherwise your data set is entirely flawed and, if you're using this for a qualification, you have a problem when you submit the data as part of your findings, analysis and recommendations.

That doesn't matter whether it's for GCSE / BTEC / A-level or, hopefully not, university level undergraduate/postgraduate. It means all of your analysis based upon the questionnaire becomes irrelevant at best, incorrect and fail-able at worst. If any of my university students tried to present this I'd have spent significant time discussing with them how to make it more effective. And we'd have got it correct, presented it for ethical clearance and then stated that here.

If this questionnaire's been signed off by your tutor they need to resign. Or at least recognise they shouldn't be teaching you. Sorry, but it's awful.
Given the pricing is in dollars, I'm assuming that the OP is in America.

When I was training to be a teacher one of our major tasks was a dissertation that was supposed to include a survey

One of our group (IT teachers) had a degree in PE and part of his degree had included a whole course on doing a survey

He got a statement from the stats department showing that surveys produced by people without proper training are worse that useless - and are often producing misleading results

Surveys are very complicated things to do properly - but people see them as simple
they are not

I normally find myself defending students on here but in this case I'll make an exception.

Most of the question are so vague as to mean that any answers will be useless.
Example:
Q: Are you competitive?
I am! Fiercely! But not at all when I'm on my bike.
Q. Do any of your friends ride bikes?
What's a friend? Someone I see every week? Someone I last saw when I was writing surveys as part of a final year research activity? What's "ride"? Once a week, once a year or only on sunny days when on holiday?
Don't get me started on "gadget"! Some people think my bike is a "gadget".
"Mess with my phone"?? Do you mean do silly things with it or use it for reading a map, plotting a route, taking a photo, making a call?
Headphones/Speakers? When? On the bike? At home? At work?

It's on Google so I won't be replying anyway.

An appallingly bad put together questionnaire.

If you're smart you'll lean into the criticism here (of the survey not the product) do some reading on how to pose questions, have a good think about the information you need and redo it. And for crying out loud, test it on some people before going live.

Top Bottom