Brifter indication not right ?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

mcshroom

Bionic Subsonic
Stick a new sticker on the shifter with the numbers the other way up?

chriscross1966

Über Member
Be careful mixing road and mtb gearing parts, my memory is firing off warningz about cable pull and pull ratios on the derailleur with shimano... trouble is the only stuff I've bothered studying is Campagnolo and 8-and-below Campy is all the same...

Be careful mixing road and mtb gearing parts, my memory is firing off warningz about cable pull and pull ratios on the derailleur with shimano... trouble is the only stuff I've bothered studying is Campagnolo and 8-and-below Campy is all the same...
For Shimano rear derailleurs up to 9-speed, mix and match works pretty well, if not flawlessly, between road and MTB. Front derailleurs, that's a whole 'nother thang...

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
For Shimano rear derailleurs up to 9-speed, mix and match works pretty well, if not flawlessly, between road and MTB. Front derailleurs, that's a whole 'nother thang...

Erm, don't mention Dura Ace 8 speed, that only works with Dura Ace Speed kit - mech and shifter unique. Fortunately, it never broke, and is still on my best bike. Mixed and matched Shimano 6,7,8, speed stuff lots.

Venod

Eh up
Paint the numbers black so you don't have any, I have always thought gear indicators on bikes a waste of time, the MTB ones on trigger shifters are removed if present on any bike I buy, I don't know why Shimano still fit them.

Top Bottom