"Bright Light!"

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Out of curiosity, & having had to buy a new phone, I stopped on my journey home to see how it coped with the contrasting lighting

The two main (of 4) front lights were turned to full-power

The 'blue' switched unit is a MagicShine MJ858, from early 2016 (needs recharging, hence the blueness)
The 'orange' is a 'Burn Baby Burn' unit

Lighting. 32.jpg

I don't ride in normal conditions with that much light
Usually it's the 2 little Cateyes on flash (one fast, one slow) & the 'BBB' on setting 2 (of 3)
Lighting. 30.JPG

Small. but mighty!
(iPhone 4S)

Coupled with the other 2, which went on the wives Boardman hybrid

It was taken a couple of dozen yards behind this Geographer; https://www.geograph.org.uk/photo/451698

RoubaixCube

~Tribanese~
Those MJ858 lights were very very good a few years back. Their last few batches that were available on PlanetX a good while back had some serious QC issues, a lot of people left reviews saying theirs broke within two weeks or were DOA. The first one i bought stopped working after two months and the second one i ordered still works and has done a fair few Dun runs with me.

With the exception of their Monteer range, Everything they have produced thus far is made out of cheap plastic. I also have one of their MJ872's that i bought second hand that has also done a few Dun runs with me. The quality of these lights cant be compared to their recent offerings.

Those MJ858 lights were very very good a few years back. Their last few batches that were available on PlanetX a good while back had some serious QC issues, a lot of people left reviews saying theirs broke within two weeks or were DOA. The first one i bought stopped working after two months and the second one i ordered still works and has done a fair few Dun runs with me.

With the exception of their Monteer range, Everything they have produced thus far is made out of cheap plastic. I also have one of their MJ872's that i bought second hand that has also done a few Dun runs with me. The quality of these lights cant be compared to their recent offerings.

Yes, the MJ858 is good for its price
Sadly the battery doesn't last long (2 x AA rechargeables) but it's a good spread

should keep an eye on planetX for their battery packs. They dont always have them but they sell out pretty quick when they do because they are always on promo. They call them 'lipo rechargeable battery packs' on their website.

otherwise just buy one of these and build your own battery pack

Thanks
I already have the 4 x AA pack for the 'BBB' strapped under the top-tube, with the MJ858 on top of the stem

Sadly both partially obscure the Mint Sauce top-cap & decal:angel:

578400 578401

I have a long-sleeve jersey too, but curiously, it's very definitively a (very!) warm-weather fabric!!!

I did start to wonder if my new iPhone (SE) contributed to the amount of light seen, so as I needed my old one (4S) at work today, I took another photograph this morning

The quality's nowhere near as good, nor the colour temperature, highly pixelated, but the same signs are lit

Lighting. 32A.jpg

I needed it, as it had a text on, concerning my 2nd Covid jab

Top Bottom