Brighton (East Sussex) ----> Germany (Rhine River) Route

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

zealand

Hi there, just wonder if any one new any of these routes , or have an idea how to attack this, thinking of leaving from Dover,would like to do a scenic route,if possible ,

Chrisz

Über Member
Years ago I did this via Dunkirk, straight over to Arnhem, followed the Rhine all the way to Basel, Lucerne, Como and on to Trieste. Plan was to go down the Adriatic coast of Jugoslavia but things had just started kicking off there so turned back to Rome before catching a train home.

Following the Rhine was fantastic - most nights we camped on the river side.

sparkyman

Kinamortaphobic
I found John Powells Cycling the Rhine book to be quite helpfull along with google/maps & earth made planning the Rhine stages easyish.

I am setting off from Amsterdam Airport and following the rhine pretty much all the way to Basel then on to Rome.

Sparkyman

OP
OP
zealand

zealand

Chrisz said:
Years ago I did this via Dunkirk, straight over to Arnhem, followed the Rhine all the way to Basel, Lucerne, Como and on to Trieste. Plan was to go down the Adriatic coast of Jugoslavia but things had just started kicking off there so turned back to Rome before catching a train home.

Following the Rhine was fantastic - most nights we camped on the river side.

thanks mate, will look into it, sounds like you had a advantage,

OP
OP
zealand

zealand

sparkyman said:
I found John Powells Cycling the Rhine book to be quite helpfull along with google/maps & earth made planning the Rhine stages easyish.

I am setting off from Amsterdam Airport and following the rhine pretty much all the way to Basel then on to Rome.

Sparkyman

Good luck to ya, maybe will meet on the way, don,t know when you leaving tho

Top Bottom