Brilliant Bike touring stand

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

rich p

ridiculous old lush
sloe said:
Good point. Which is why I'll carve it into a Mighty Wurlitzer organ for protection.

Wonder if I could whittle my pump into a combined pump/stick/organ?

Whittling your organ sounds a bit suggestive to me:ohmy:

snorri

Legendary Member
rich p said:
Whittling your organ sounds a bit suggestive to me:ohmy:

My imagination is running riot here as I think back to that recent court case re frottage with a bicycle. You don't think the guy was making music as well do you:?::biggrin:

sloe

I think back to that recent court case re frottage with a bicycle. You don't think the guy was making music as well do you ?

You're definately onto something there: The Wee Frees in the Western Isles (a fine place for cycle touring with a stick) are dead agin sex standing up in case it leads to dancing. It's all starting to fall into place.

AND they don't have any organs - it's all by mouth!

PrettyboyTim

Update on the whole stand thing: I picked up a twin-leg stand from Bikefix on my way home tonight, and fitted it to the bike. The best bit is that even when the stand is down it doesn't intefere with the pedals so I can use it to hold the back wheel up while I adjust my gears/brakes or clean my chain :biggrin:

col

Legendary Member
PrettyboyTim said:
Update on the whole stand thing: I picked up a twin-leg stand from Bikefix on my way home tonight, and fitted it to the bike. The best bit is that even when the stand is down it doesn't intefere with the pedals so I can use it to hold the back wheel up while I adjust my gears/brakes or clean my chain :biggrin:

Got a pic?

PrettyboyTim

I use it to hold the bike up while I put my son into the child seat at the back. Leaning it on things can be a pain because the safety bar on the seat folds over to the right to open which prevents you leaning against walls etc.

I also find due to the geometry of the entrance to the car park at work (which has a car lift) it can be a little tricky balancing the bike on the post next to the lift controls because of its shape, which tends to encourage the bike's wheel to turn and the bike to slip backwards and downwards.

This morning I just arrived, got off my bike and popped the stand - job done.

Top Bottom