Brilliant day for two newbies.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

cyclebum

Hi alicat, to be honest last time the link didnt work but I never got round to googling it. However this time it has worked so I will look more closely when I have a bit more time, but thanks for this. I actually never looked for a county club. I was just given the name of the local ones.

Martyn

Hi from a new member on this forum. I recently tried for my hundred two weeks ago, after averaging 130 mls a wk since christmas. I had a brilliant ride, all country lanes on a semi planned route, took plenty of fluids, 4 ltr plus, and my fav. jam sarnies, plus biscuits, toffees, salted nuts and a slab of cake....No wind, nice steady pace, ended up doing 121 mls in 9 hrs, including over an hour of stops. Average spd over 15 mph, on my old rockhopper mountain bike. Brilliant day!
Mart.

Helly79

Martyn said:
Hi from a new member on this forum. I recently tried for my hundred two weeks ago, after averaging 130 mls a wk since christmas. I had a brilliant ride, all country lanes on a semi planned route, took plenty of fluids, 4 ltr plus, and my fav. jam sarnies, plus biscuits, toffees, salted nuts and a slab of cake....No wind, nice steady pace, ended up doing 121 mls in 9 hrs, including over an hour of stops. Average spd over 15 mph, on my old rockhopper mountain bike. Brilliant day!
Mart.

Well done and welcome to the forum, I did my first 50 mile last Sunday The Norwich 50 for the british heart foundation. I didn`t feel fit enough to do the 100 as I had problems with my knees. May do it next year! Fantastic achievement Martyn :smile:

jig-sore

Formerly the anorak
so how many miles do you have to ride before you stop being a newbie ? do you get to use your real name then ?? :tongue:

PS: did you call them newbie 1 and newbie 2 or young newbie and old newbie :biggrin:xx(

Top Bottom