Bring me the worlds smallest violin

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Keith Oates

Janner
Seems to be a fair punishment to me, do they still make the radar alarms for cars!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Pete

I dunno. When I first saw the thread title I took it literally, thought we were on the topic of baby Stradivariuses or what, until I clicked the link...:ohmy::biggrin:

Visible cameras.... hidden cameras ... camera detectors .... camera zappers (?) the debate goes on and on. I've just plotted out a route across France from the viaMichelin website (driving down there next month). The printed route 'helpfully' shows me where all the cameras are. And what speed they're set to.

To my mind, and I know I've said this before, there's only one speed camera warning that matters. That's a series of highly visible road signs: red circles with black numbers painted in them.

And there's one surefire way of 'beating the cameras'. It involves looking at a little needle pointing to a set of figures on the car fascia. :biggrin:

OP
OP
Chuffy

Chuffy

Veteran
Pete said:
And there's one surefire way of 'beating the cameras'. It involves looking at a little needle pointing to a set of figures on the car fascia. :ohmy:
Ah, but looking at the dashboard display is a dangerous distraction according to some.

gkerr4

hmm - he was a dick to be ignoring a 40zone - but £5000 and a year ban - seems a bit harsh to me to be honest.

Mr Phoebus

gkerr4 said:
hmm - he was a dick to be ignoring a 40zone - but £5000 and a year ban - seems a bit harsh to me to be honest.

I've a feeling if he never pleaded bullsh*t, he'd have got a lighter sentence.

stevenb

If he's been close to losing his licence for various offences then he's obviously not learnt his lesson. I feel that the punishment is justice.
Perhaps it'll make him more aware when he gets on the road again.....

Mr Phoebus

He'd already got nine points on his licence.

stevenb

I had 6 points before 3 one month and then another 3 about 3 months later. I learnt my lesson. Got them wiped off and am staying a sensible driver.

Top Bottom