Bring on t'Tour de France

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Donger

Convoi Exceptionnel
Is it me or is it taking forever to get round to TDF time this year? Just can't wait. Two Brit winners in a row and t'Tour starting int'Dales ..... it's as good as it gets. Just kicking myself for booking my hols in Languedoc for when they are in Blighty, and coming back home when they all head off over to France. Still, at least I'll have my bike with me, and the house has British Eurosport.

Can't wait to see how it all goes down with the French......will they take to black puddings, brass bands, Wensleydale and Gromit? Will there be aerial shots of the " FC Mercredi de Sheffield" ground? When they get to the Pyrenees will we catch the distant strains of "on t'Tourmalet bar t'at"?

I like to think that the scenery will match anything they can throw at us, and some of our short sharp hills might only be ranked as 4th cat but could really throw the cat among the pigeons. Expect massive crowds on the steep bits. Just bring it all on!

Steady, 86 billion excellent races before the tour and it's all just kicking off now.

400bhp

Guru
It's going to be crazy for the three days at the start of the Tour. Could easily see 2m crowds + on each day I reckon.

Is it me or is it taking forever to get round to TDF time this year? Just can't wait. Two Brit winners in a row and t'Tour starting int'Dales ..... it's as good as it gets. Just kicking myself for booking my hols in Languedoc for when they are in Blighty, and coming back home when they all head off over to France. Still, at least I'll have my bike with me, and the house has British Eurosport.

Can't wait to see how it all goes down with the French......will they take to black puddings, brass bands, Wensleydale and Gromit? Will there be aerial shots of the " FC Mercredi de Sheffield" ground? When they get to the Pyrenees will we catch the distant strains of "on t'Tourmalet bar t'at"?

I like to think that the scenery will match anything they can throw at us, and some of our short sharp hills might only be ranked as 4th cat but could really throw the cat among the pigeons. Expect massive crowds on the steep bits. Just bring it all on!
I did not understand a word you said. Mind you where I live has been infiltrated by people from Yorkshire, so I now actually understand the French more.

Ian193

Über Member
Booked travellodge at ferrybridge services and driving/riding from there to see the racing not sure where's best for each day yet got time to look and decide

Top Bottom