Bring your own pop up cafe on a ride...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

raleighnut

Legendary Member
Just purchased one of these 220ml flasks its great, fill with coffee and take it on your ride. Small enough for a back pocket. Has an plastic insert so you can drink straight from the Flask and just big enough for one mug of coffee.

Add a cake to your other pocket and you have a instant pop up cafe anywhere.

https://groceries.asda.com/product/bottles-flasks-travel-mugs/smash-mini-flask/1000109748228

Also available from Argos etc..
Sod that, why not take a stove, kettle. frying pan etc and cook by the side of the road, all yer need is a decent saddlebag'

snorri

Legendary Member
Sod that, why not take a stove, kettle. frying pan etc and cook by the side of the road, all yer need is a decent saddlebag'
Better with panniers,then you could take your tent, but in this weather it'd be better still to stay at home^_^.

I wonder if they do that model in BIG
Smash Mini Flask,

OP
OP
currystomper
😊 Yes I know I could do it properly with a stove etc and I do have a very small stove, but it such a hassle. This is so much easier than getting all the gear together before a ride, then having to set up and boil water, just to get a mug of coffee.

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Tere are things called a 'nanopresso' or 'minipresso' - never knew they existed. I flask of fresh coffee sounds less fiddly.

Reactions: mjr

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
😊 Yes I know I could do it properly with a stove etc and I do have a very small stove, but it such a hassle. This is so much easier than getting all the gear together before a ride, then having to set up and boil water, just to get a mug of coffee.

And unless they take a stove top pot, what's the point of an instant coffee or a boil in the bag on the go. Make a 'real' coffee at home and take it with you ! :laugh:

Reactions: C R
Very little hassle with my system. Also very little water with an espresso pot. Coffee seems to come out faster than on stove at home.
Pic will follow sometime in this lockdown hell, I may even start a new thread.

raleighnut

Legendary Member
Top Bottom