Bristol Bike Festival

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

summerdays

Cycling in the sun
I'm going ... not sure where I would park ... possibly further out in Sea Mills and then cycle along the Portway to get to the start (if you can't find anything closer).

adds21

Rider of bikes
Do you mean Bristol's Biggest Bike Ride, or are there other things happening that I'm not aware of? Can't find much else at Better By Bike.

Parking in Sea Mills and cycling in is a good idea, or you could park in Long Ashton and cycle in from there.

I'm a little disappointed that the Failand Heights ride has been cancelled this year (apparently there is a farm show going on around Failand, so the organisers are worried about heavy machinery in the lanes). I think we’re aiming to do the Portishead ride instead this year. Slightly longer, but probably easier because it’s flatter. I’ll be the guy holding everyone up on the Pill path as I tow two trailers!

U

User482

Bristol BikeFest is this weekend, which is a series of MTB races at Ashton Court. There's also the handmade bike show at the same time.

Bristol's biggest bike ride is on the 12th. If that's what you're referring to then avoid the Portway route into the city as it will be closed to motor vehicles.

adds21

Rider of bikes
Bristol BikeFest is this weekend, which is a series of MTB races at Ashton Court. There's also the handmade bike show at the same time.

They need more publicity IMO. I cycle through Ashton Court every day, and check various web sites regularly, and I wasn't aware of Bristol BikeFest...

..Or maybe I'm just unobservent :rolleyes:.

OP
OP
Little yellow Brompton

Little yellow Brompton

A dark destroyer of biscuits!

Bristol's biggest bike ride is on the 12th. If that's what you're referring to then avoid the Portway route into the city as it will be closed to motor vehicles.

I would, if I knew what/where the Portway is...

summerdays

Cycling in the sun
I would, if I knew what/where the Portway is...

And it will be closed below Sea Mills with the traffic diverted off the Portway in that area - then all the routes start off in the centre heading out along the Portway - the family route just uses the closed section of the Portway, whereas the other routes have one lane and the out going cars another lane (IIRC).

I think I'm going to do the Portishead Loop, I did the Failand one last year.

And yes I'm going to try and get to the Bike Show as well ... and also a Green Doors Open day too (on the Sat) ... it will be a busy weekend!

U

User482

They need more publicity IMO. I cycle through Ashton Court every day, and check various web sites regularly, and I wasn't aware of Bristol BikeFest...

..Or maybe I'm just unobservent :rolleyes:.

It's been going for 10 years, and they had 1800 riders last year!

Top Bottom